8mm Thread

Attachments

• pix392695544.jpg
    pix392695544.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 109
  • pix522867402.jpg
    pix522867402.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 121
Even if you decide to keep the rifle, I would be very interested in buying the stock to use on my .280 AI build (going for a more classic/vintage look), if you are interested in selling it?

On short terms a beautiful Rem. 700 in 8mm RM will appear and win @Mudrunners2005 heart and soul. :D

@mgood, now the 8mm virus has made you addicted. Kind of beautiful disease. :)

Even if you decide to keep the rifle, I would be very interested in buying the stock to use on my .280 AI build (going for a more classic/vintage look), if you are interested in selling it?
That could happen, but not if you're in a hurry with your project. I don't know if I can afford enough ammo to get it sighted in good this year, let alone buy a custom stock.

@mgood, now the 8mm virus has made you addicted. Kind of beautiful disease. :)
Yes, definitely. I still have not ruled out my 8mm wildcat ideas. But I figure it's better to find out whether or not I like it with a $6-700 used 8mm Rem Mag before I spend several thousand dollars on a custom rifle, dies, reamer, et cetera for a one-off build that is designed to mimic the performance of an 8mm Rem Mag.

That could happen, but not if you're in a hurry with your project. I don't know if I can afford enough ammo to get it sighted in good this year, let alone buy a custom stock.

I'm not in a hurry... I haven't even gotten any of the parts to start that build. So, just let me know whenever you do get another stock for it.

The Hammer has arrived!

Finger smudges are mine. It arrived very clean, better than I was lead to believe from the gunbroker.com item description. I'm pretty dang happy.

IMG_0854a_zpsyhqpdtl6.jpg

I could post more pics, but I'm sure most of y'all know what a Remington 700 looks like.

My center fire rifle cartridge choices have grown by one:

IMG_0855a_zpshtd2nhll.jpg

223 Rem, 22-250 Rem, 25-06 Rem, 6.8 SPC II, 30-06 Sprg, 8mm Rem Mag

There seems to be a tendency toward Remington-standardized cartridges. I really don't use the 30-06 (great cartridge, but since I like the 25-06, I wanted something BIGGER than a 30-06 when I need a step up from the 25 caliber). The 6.8 was originally a Rem thing, but the "II" version was developed by fans after Big Green had pretty much abandoned it, from what I've heard.

And just to show off who's bigger :D

IMG_0859a_zps19viy183.jpg

325 WSM, 8mm Rem Mag, 338 Win Mag
(I do not own rifles in 325 WSM or 338 Win Mag. Just have some random ammo laying around.)