8mm mag + hammer bullets load help

6mm06guy

I have a factory rem 700 8mm mag and I just got some 221 hammer bullets. Does anyone have any load data. I'm setting this rifle up for a diy colorado elk hunt, any help on where to go with otc tags would be great to. Thanks guys.

I almost forgot I want to put a new Bell and Carlson competition stock and the muzzle brake on this rifle. Any input on the type of muzzle brake would be great. I was thinking a large 4 port break

I have already, he's supposed to be emailing me some. Hoping for first hand exp. I was also hoping for the mag length you guys are using.

I have to say there is not a ton of guys that are shooting 8mm. We helped a local guy work up a load for his and for the life of us we can not find the data that we used on his. We have a customer in CA that has done more work with this bullet in the 8mm Mag than any of us. His go to powder is 7828sc in a 30" barrel to get some amazing vel. He is getting 3275fps in 95* temps. He told me that the load slows down to 3200fps in winter weather. I'm thinking he is getting an extra 150fps out of the extra barrel over the 24" that is more normal. Not sure but I think that 7828 may be on the slow side for shorter barrels. If the 7828sc does not work I would look at h1000 or rl26 for sure.

Keep us posted.

Steve

Forgot to mention that IMHO the Pain Killer brake from APS rifles is the best that I have ever used. I have not experienced them all, but quite a few, and it is by far the best one I have used.

Steve