RockyMtnMT

Official LRH Sponsor

Attachments

• PART_1457621515224.jpeg
    PART_1457621515224.jpeg
    24.7 KB · Views: 60
What is that, about 1.75"
How heavy?

I have an 8mm Rem Mag and I've been bugging Swamplord and others to death with questions about 8mm wildcats.
So yeah, I'm interested.

Our website is close. We are working on credit card processer and shipping program. It has taken a lot longer than we had expected.
A safe guess is a week.

I have been doing a little research on 8mm 9 - twist barrels. Looks like about the only way to get a 9 twist is to have it cut-rifled. Anyone know of a button pulled barrel company that has a 9 - twist available?

can1010
Re: 8mm Eye Candy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pac-nor makes 1-9 twist 8mm button rifle

Thanks. Yes they do. I was just doing some researching to justify spending time on bullets for
this caliber and twist. After programming and cutting one, not sure why it hasn't caught on here.
Probably because of the popularity of the 338??

This is for Swamplord and any or you other guys that want a great 8mm projectile. This bullet is designed for 9" twist. It is pictured next to a 25-06 case just to give it some relative size.http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=58763&stc=1&d=1457624506

Steve

Well hey ! That is most awesome ! You guys certainly work fast and your efforts are appreciated, can't wait to try some out, I have a 9 tw PacNor barrel on hand and the 8mm Vampyre project is on track, also know another feller with a 8mm Bullwinkle (8mm/500 AHR) with a 9 tw PacNor barreled rifled all set up to go, (gonna have to share this bit of info with the crew at WCCR on FB)

Thanks for the photo of bullet, gonna post it up and see what the fellas think.....

I've always liked 8mm. 6mm & 7mm has done great but I think 8mm hasn't because lack of high BC bullets. I think a 8mm bullet weighing about 265gr-270gr (jacketed bullet) with proper nose cone and tail would be wonderful.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.