7Rem Mag and 120 HH suggestions needed

Jcook02

Hi, everyone,

I have a 7 Rem Mag with a 24" 1-9.25 twist Rem. 700.

I have 100 pieces of ADG Brass and I'm looking at using the 120 HH and 215M primers, specifically built for my daughter and wife, who are semi-recoil sensitive. This will be used for deer and elk, with pretty limited ranges, for now. I have a brake on it for now, but will explore a can at a later date.

Anyone have any powders in mind and mind giving load data? I think I have data for N560 and RL22, but I'm wanting something that is temp stable. Any thoughts on H4350, H1000, Ramshot Magnum, IMR4350, or alike? I can find N560, IMR 4350 and H4350 locally.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great.

Thanks everyone,
JC

Not a 120, but I am using Rl23 with 131s in mine.

Check the load information here.

I think H4350 will work well for you. I used the 143s H4350 F215 & ADG brass in 2 different 7mm mags and they shot great. Almost 3500fps if I remember correctly.

I think H4350 will work well for you. I used the 143s H4350 F215 & ADG brass in 2 different 7mm mags and they shot great. Almost 3500fps if I remember correctly.
Would it be okay to start around the same load as IMR 4350? I've read there is a little difference, but wasn't much.

Double check your data but I'm pretty sure you'll find that both variants of 4350 will have the same starting charge weight in most combinations. I prefer H4350.

If you do some research you'll see that many folks find a higher max charge for a given bullet weight with hammers. Work up carefully.

I'm excited for this load development to start. I'm expecting with the lighter pill and the good brake, it should shoot pretty soft and sweet for them.

If you're concerned with recoil you could always load them lite around 2800 fps MV. That would reduce the recoil even further. A good muzzle break goes a long way though.

Having a muzzle brake installed was one of the best things I did to my 7 Mag. For my setup shooting factory 162 ELDX the recoil is comparable to my wifes 243 if not less. Interested in how your loads turn out. I am waiting for the new style Hammers to come out before I switch to them. Good luck

Thanks everyone. I have plenty of RL22, but I'm able to get 4350 locally. Guess the 22 would save me some money to spend on more bullets. I won't be pushing this load at max, to keep recoil down, and distance will be limited for the time being. Consistent and low recoil is my ultimate goal here. I also have a ton of Ramshot Magnum that might be worth exploring. Hodgdon has data for the 120 and Magnum.