7rem mag brass?

zr600

ok I'm collecting parts on a 7mag project what brass should I get for the gun? Also what dies should I get? I'm thinking about using 168, 175 bergers, 168, 175 lrab, or the new Sierra 165 game changers.

I have a couple of 7RM's
I've tried winchester, nosler and norma. Norma turned out to be the most consistent and they are annealed. Nosler is decent but notoriously short (out of twenty-five most will be .010 shorter than the "trim to" length..... 2-3 will be .013.....short

I like the Redding type s match bushing dies (2 die set). Then I buy a redding FL sizer die... if you want to full length size which I recommend. .... expensive but worth it

what twist is your barrel? depending on the your altitude and temp you might need at least a 9 to shoot the heavier bullets....8.5 MIGHT be better.

mine are 8.4

Nosler brass, 168 or 175 Bergers, 7828 SSC or 7977, and Federal 215M primers will be a good starting point. I also recommend going with a 1:8 twist 26" barrel.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.