7prc

Well that's impossible. Unless you've invented a case stretcher.
You guys are missing the point here. No you cannot make a 6.5 prc into a 7 prc the case is different. However you can neck up a 6.5 prc to 7mm. Why. Because you can use Lapua brass. You give up some case capacity. But it has proven to be capable at 1000 yds in competition pushing 180's.

What's funny Is the 7prc is marketed as spanking the 7 RM, but Peterson and ADG brass have a capacity that's only 4-5 grains more than the SAUM.
I love innovation but have no use for over hyped redundancy.
It has never been marketed as spanking the 7 RM. it has been marketed as having factory 175-180 gr high bc ammunition. Even in the Hornady podcast they admit it's not much over a Rem Mag with custom barrels and hand loads. Not getting 180 gr bullets in factory ammunition for the arem Mag. Even in Factory rifles you have to hand load 175 plus high bc bullets I have yet to see anything saying it spanks the Rem Mag.

I wonder why I get 50-70 fps ES with the 175 eldx precision hunter. I pulled a full box and weighed them and this is what I got.
I wonder why I hand load 🤔

Attachments

• 4E689C07-F2EE-4D39-94CD-8C6BAC8A0A0E.jpeg
    4E689C07-F2EE-4D39-94CD-8C6BAC8A0A0E.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 125
I wonder why I get 50-70 fps ES with the 175 eldx precision hunter. I pulled a full box and weighed them and this is what I got.
I wonder if this is why the techs at hornady get such large group dispersion with their 30 round group? I wonder if they don't understand that precision reloading eliminates these variables, making their testing only relevant to the ammo quality they are testing? hmm.

"1000 yd factory ammo" isn't it supposed to be??
Maybe that's the Match version I'm thinking about, hahahaha.
For what it costs that's REAL bad

Last edited:
Yeah, that's pretty terrible consistency. Hornady should be embarrassed to put their name (or the word "Precision") on that box.

I am not arguing your point at all, I just doubt Hornady would give you a new box or refund your money, somewhere in their fine print they probably cover their behind on issues like this

If it has been stated I missed it. What powder does hornady use?