Thinking about the 7prc

ShooterN8

Hey guys! I've got a Kodiak island blacktail hunt coming up in December. I want to build/buy an ultralight 7prc. First off if anyone has one to offload happy to take a look.

Second. What are your thoughts on carbon barrels in the caliber? Anything y'all think I ought to stay away from? Would appreciate any thoughts!

Here is a good primer on the 7 PRC:

Do you reload? If so I'd go 7 Saum, if not prc is good as well. Carbon barrels are fine for hunting, I've had proof, benchmark, and bartlein and they've all been exceptionally accurate. Definitely saves weight unless you want a very light contour steel.

A Seekins Element is the easy button if you want ultralight. CF barrels are nice but you can make a steel barrel weigh less and the cheaper CF barrels that aren't Bartleins or Proofs aren't worth owning.

I'll have a Bergara Sierra Wilderness 7 PRC to list up as soon as it comes back from them and I take it to the range and confirm it shoots. First range trip it was shooting 4" groups.

A Seekins Element is the easy button if you want ultralight. CF barrels are nice but you can make a steel barrel weigh less and the cheaper CF barrels that aren't Bartleins or Proofs aren't worth owning.

I'll have a Bergara Sierra Wilderness 7 PRC to list up as soon as it comes back from them and I take it to the range and confirm it shoots. First range trip it was shooting 4" groups.
I got to handle a Seekins Element in 7mm PRC at a Sheel's recently and fell in live with it.

Recent Posts