7prc

I've got the same rifle, not suppressed, but my results at the moment are a little different. The one thing that seems to be happening, each time out, velocity seems to be speeding up. The second lot definitely showed more stability, I have 1 more lot to experiment with before I start loading. I still use a file cabinet to store all my targets by cartridge, yours is much cleaner lolView attachment 464342View attachment 464343View attachment 464344
I've got the same rifle, not suppressed, but my results at the moment are a little different. The one thing that seems to be happening, each time out, velocity seems to be speeding up. The second lot definitely showed more stability, I have 1 more lot to experiment with before I start loading. I still use a file cabinet to store all my targets by cartridge, yours is much cleaner lolView attachment 464342View attachment 464343

nice rifle.. yeah mine is still speeding up as well. Started in the low 2900's and im on the upper end now. Shoots great tho, Im a big fan of the Seekins rifles.

IMG_0488.jpeg
IMG_0439.jpeg

On larger animals like elk, a larger, more powerful cartridge is needed than the calibers use to take smaller game like whitetail. The brand new 7mm PRC brings a lot to the table. It boasts plenty of power, is incredibly flat-shooting, and is all but impervious to the wind making.

On larger animals like elk, a larger, more powerful cartridge is needed than the calibers use to take smaller game like whitetail. The brand new 7mm PRC brings a lot to the table. It boasts plenty of power, is incredibly flat-shooting, and is all but impervious to the wind making.

I expect to see you with a very nice item in the classifieds at an unreal low price!

4-5 grains more seems like quite a bit to me.
In a magnum you're talking 50 fps best case scenario probably less.
I went from peterson 30 nos brass with a capacity of 97 grains to ADG which is 100.5, and velocity was virtually the same when I hit pressure even with a couple grains more powder.

I have been going back and forth with a new build. 7prc or 300 prc. I was heavily leaning towards the 300prc, just mainly because of the lack of quality brass for the 7prc. But, two boxes of 7prc ADG brass showed up on Thursday. I did not expect them for a couple of months. So, I think I have made my decision. Parts are being shipped off on Monday for a 7PRC build to be completed. I see everyone's questions about is it better than 7 rem mag or 7saum. Probably not. but it is new and will be fun to see what I can get it to do.

I have been going back and forth with a new build. 7prc or 300 prc. I was heavily leaning towards the 300prc, just mainly because of the lack of quality brass for the 7prc. But, two boxes of 7prc ADG brass showed up on Thursday. I did not expect them for a couple of months. So, I think I have made my decision. Parts are being shipped off on Monday for a 7PRC build to be completed. I see everyone's questions about is it better than 7 rem mag or 7saum. Probably not. but it is new and will be fun to see what I can get it to do.
I think you made a good choice. Not having brass stretch .015 on the first firing like belted mags do is a plus lol. I dont think the 7saum is ever going to be wildly popular either. If the 7 prc is like the other Hornady options it will be popular. Which means brass will be available. And hopefully Lapua will start making it.

There are reamers out there. Eric Cortina just won nationals with one. The advantage is Lapua makes 6.5 prc brass but you can use the heavier high bc 7mm bullets. I'm sure at some point Lapua will make 7 prc brass as well. As for loading it's just a simple neck up .020.
One of us is confused. The factory 7prc is not a 6.5prc necked up. It is a larger case

I assume he was referring to the necking up people like cortina were doing by just necking up the 6.5 prior to the actual release of the horandy 7prc. Regardless, that shouldnt be referred to as a "7prc" but rather a necked up 6.5prc, two completely different cases.