7prc velocities

I'm getting 2950 with the hornady 175 eldx precision hunter ammo with a 26 inch carbon six barrel. I haven't start reloading yet just wondering what others are seeing
I'm running 22 inch Oregon Mountain barrel with 175 eldx hornandy pills 68.8 grains h-1000 federal lrmbr primers and 3rd firing hornandy brass @ 2983 4.4 sd

Attachments

• IMG_1046.jpeg
    IMG_1046.jpeg
    291.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1044.jpeg
    IMG_1044.jpeg
    243.7 KB · Views: 22
Anyone try the 168 vlds yet. I have a barreled action on the way and hoping to run those with h1000. 22" barrel with a Thinderbeast ultra 7

How do you like the OMR barrel overall? I've been considering one.
Lee the owner is awesome to work with. I love his stuff and would recommend his barrels to everyone. I'm getting a 300 prc from him as well. Not to mention he is Billings,Mt and I can pick up the barrel myself . I'm 1 1/2 hrs from him. I highly recommend OMR barrels

Lee the owner is awesome to work with. I love his stuff and would recommend his barrels to everyone. I'm getting a 300 prc from him as well. Not to mention he is Billings,Mt and I can pick up the barrel myself . I'm 1 1/2 hrs from him. I highly recommend OMR barrels
Good to hear. I may have to go that route.

I highly recommend them are you local to Billings Mt area ? Lee saith I could walk through the facility to see how it's done when I pick up my barrel

Anyone try the 168 vlds yet. I have a barreled action on the way and hoping to run those with h1000. 22" barrel with a Thinderbeast ultra 7
I just got some 168's in the mail, still working on barrel break in with some blem bullets though. Gonna try some 175 eldx and 180 eldm along with the 168's. My barrel is 20" and will be using h1000.

I just got some 168's in the mail, still working on barrel break in with some blem bullets though. Gonna try some 175 eldx and 180 eldm along with the 168's. My barrel is 20" and will be using h1000.
I e got a good sized pile of them but so far I've only used 175 eldx hornandy with great results

I'm running 22 inch Oregon Mountain barrel with 175 eldx hornandy pills 68.8 grains h-1000 federal lrmbr primers and 3rd firing hornandy brass @ 2983 4.4 sd
How are the primer pockets holding up on the Hornady brass? I've been working up a load and after the 3rd firing have lost 5 out of 20 cases to loose primer pockets. None of the loads are over book max.

To each their own, not knocking anyone for trying new calibers. I just don't understand all these new hornady prc calibers. Except ability to use longer target bullets, what benefit does kne get above same calibers that's been around for 100yrs. Ballistics are so close in comparison to high high $$$$ prc ammo. Seems to be $$$ game with Hornady, or maybe I'm just too old fashioned
I agree with you, purchased a Ruger American 7mm PRC after wanting a 7mm weatherby for years but with the 1:10 twist rate of the factory offering decided to get something else. In hind sight probably looked a bit closer at the 280 AI appears to be a more efficient cartridge. After purchasing new dies and everything else, its definitely a marketing tool.

How are the primer pockets holding up on the Hornady brass? I've been working up a load and after the 3rd firing have lost 5 out of 20 cases to loose primer pockets. None of the loads are over book max.
I've lost 3 so far but I'm running 68.8 grains of h1000 and 174 grain eld-x at 2983 fps and 4.4 sd no pressure marks and I've loaded the first 50 5 times . I'm waiting for A.D.G to come out but so far I've got 500 ish Hornandy factory loaded rounds so I got a while to go

I agree with you, purchased a Ruger American 7mm PRC after wanting a 7mm weatherby for years but with the 1:10 twist rate of the factory offering decided to get something else. In hind sight probably looked a bit closer at the 280 AI appears to be a more efficient cartridge. After purchasing new dies and everything else, its definitely a marketing tool.
I also have the American in 7 prc and a Savage 338 win mag i rebarreled in 7 prc and love both. I did change the trigger out in the American and it helped bunches

I also have the American in 7 prc and a Savage 338 win mag i rebarreled in 7 prc and love both. I did change the trigger out in the American and it helped bunches
Hmm great minds must think a like, I have put a JARD trigger in my Ruger and it groups much better, may fire lap the barrel. I swapped the Barrel out of my 300 win mag Savage and now it is 338 Win Mag.

Hmm great minds must think a like, I have put a JARD trigger in my Ruger and it groups much better, may fire lap the barrel. I swapped the Barrel out of my 300 win mag Savage and now it is 338 Win Mag.
Yeah now I'm looking for a savage 116 l/a to put the 338 win on agin and a 300 la savage to do a 300 prc . Guess I like tinkering, lol