7prc

Attachments

• IMG_6501.jpeg
    IMG_6501.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
If I was to rebarrel again I would do the same thing with 7 saum and not a prc with 6-7gr less powder.
after owning my first 7 saum and a 7 prc I have no idea how the 7 saum hasn't exploded, it's just a gem !!
In my opinion it's twice the rig as the 7 prc !!
7Saum is more efficient with less powder and more speed.

That is fast! I haven't seen anybody close to that on any forums. What barrel length?

Sorry I said 2980 after pulling it up and looking, it was closer to 2971 on the avg. Shooting a Seekins Element suppressed so 22" barrel. Don't know about other ppl's speeds, but here is the data from my experience…
image.jpg

If I was to rebarrel again I would do the same thing with 7 saum and not a prc with 6-7gr less powder.
after owning my first 7 saum and a 7 prc I have no idea how the 7 saum hasn't exploded, it's just a gem !!
In my opinion it's twice the rig as the 7 prc !!
7Saum is more efficient with less powder and more speed.
I would agree with you. I have a 7 max that I absolutely love extremely efficient. But the 7 prc fills a void my wife and I shot a fair amount. As it's easy for us to do on Friday's so the appeal for me is I do not have to handload as a lot of times im loading when i get off work at 1 in the morning so where this fills the void is if I have 5-7 boxes of factory ammo she can bang away on steel reliably out to 1275 with out much trouble. That's where I think the 7 prc shines yes I will handload for her to hunt and shoot steel with but if I don't get everything else loaded she's not stuck not being able to shoot.

How do you do that it's entirely different cartridge ?
There are reamers out there. Eric Cortina just won nationals with one. The advantage is Lapua makes 6.5 prc brass but you can use the heavier high bc 7mm bullets. I'm sure at some point Lapua will make 7 prc brass as well. As for loading it's just a simple neck up .020.

We shouldn't really have to justify why we want to shoot a particular rifle, if you want it and like it, buy it and enjoy it… who really cares if some other rifle does something similar, just enjoy the journey, and try anything you want. If the next guy doesn't want to… perfect don't do it!
I hear you, last fall I was considering building a 7Rm. And at the last minute I changed my mind. My gunsmith had everything for the build. I called and asked him if we can make it a 7Prc. He said get me a reamer. I never had a [ mid weight ] 7mm. I have had 7RUM since it came out and 7.08's , still have them. One of my Rums has a 8 twist Douglas barrel.
My intention from the beginning was a 7mm to shoot 139 to 162 or in that weight area. So my 7PRC will shoot that weight class. There is nothing wrong with being different. I hope everyone enjoys their 7PRC for what ever reason or purpose you got one. Please continue sharing load data and results.
Thanks David. 👍

Sorry I said 2980 after pulling it up and looking, it was closer to 2971 on the avg. Shooting a Seekins Element suppressed so 22" barrel. Don't know about other ppl's speeds, but here is the data from my experience…
View attachment 464326
I've got the same rifle, not suppressed, but my results at the moment are a little different. The one thing that seems to be happening, each time out, velocity seems to be speeding up. The second lot definitely showed more stability, I have 1 more lot to experiment with before I start loading. I still use a file cabinet to store all my targets by cartridge, yours is much cleaner lol
IMG_1101.jpeg
IMG_1529.jpeg
IMG_1561.jpeg

hows the recoil on the 7mmPRC? using for FClass and midrange steel. 500-600 yards. May just stick with the 6mm Creedmoor for my needs

I have a 28 Nosler that shoots lights out. Any reason to build a hunting rifle in 7 prc? Sort of feels like that would be taking a step backwards ... giving up a few hundred fps (and plenty of quality brass available) for what reason?

Barrel life, powder efficiency and all that is priority for some.
I lean more toward performance, within reason.
you have a definite performer!
my dad on the other shoots a .25 STW
He made me look for efficiency in the equation.

Last edited:
When Lapua comes out with brass I'm going to really look hard at a Seekins LWT rig. I could run it against my .280 AI for potential comparison, if the AI isn't worn out by then.

Recent Posts