7mm stw

Are there any members that own a 7mm stw?

Is it the best 7mm out there? Are there good hunting bullets available in 7mm?

I'm looking for a 500-1000yd gun for whitetail and sheep hunting?
Yes, yes, and yes. This is the first shot at 500 after getting my 200 yard zero dialed in with a 175gr maker t-rexs.

1000002017.jpg

If you end up with one you are most likely going to love it
I just picked on up that needed a home and some love. It's coming alone but getting trigger done now for " Saftey" can't wait to see what it dose. Due to the cost and availability of ammo I want to learn everything I can first to limit wasted shot and testing from guy who shoot it often or have any how. Seems like the Sendero's like heavy bullets from what I'm seeing but any round pushing 3400 ft per sec is smoking and will drop deer in its tracking I'm sure. I want to elk hunt with it. Mine is slowly coming along.

I wouldn't leave my 7 STW behind for nothing. I have taken Elk, Deer, Wild hogs way out there with it. My barrel is the key its 28" just the right length, and I shoot the 180 Bergers. Cant be beat!

Do you hand load the 180's and if so can you help me and school me on this set up?

I just picked on up that needed a home and some love. It's coming alone but getting trigger done now for " Saftey" can't wait to see what it dose. Due to the cost and availability of ammo I want to learn everything I can first to limit wasted shot and testing from guy who shoot it often or have any how. Seems like the Sendero's like heavy bullets from what I'm seeing but any round pushing 3400 ft per sec is smoking and will drop deer in its tracking I'm sure. I want to elk hunt with it. Mine is slowly coming along.
In the STW section you can get some amazing information for loads and everything else STW

I had a Remington sender in 7mm STW. The 26 inch factory barrel went 600 rds, was very accurate, (.3 inch groups at 200). I killed quite a few deer out to 1500 yards witb it. I put a new 28in barrel on it, and with the 162g national match Hornady aluminum tips, I was still over 1200 foot lbs at a mile. One of the most accurate rifles I have owned. Was about 11 lbs with the scope. Recoil was heavy, but manageable for a few rounds. Shooting 20 plus in a match was slightly uncomfortable.

Recent Posts