7mm stw

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Sleepy Time, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Sleepy Time

Sleepy Time Well-Known Member

My dad is thinking about ordering a 7mm STW. I have not experiance with the round and was wondering how it compared to other 7mm rounds. Anyone got any input?

2. shortgrass

shortgrass Well-Known Member

I like the STW, will do anything the 7Mag will and more. Easily fits into Rem 700 LA mag box. With a quality bbl. that has been properly fitted and then properly fitted and bedded into a quality stock should make an excellent long range rig, as long as the 'driver' is up to it!

3. angus-5024

angus-5024 Well-Known Member

IMO the best 7mm out there not wildcated. flat and fast, and great ballistically for the recoil it has.

4. liltank

liltank Well-Known Member

I would buy it over the RUM.

Tank

5. Long Time Long Ranger

Long Time Long Ranger Well-Known Member

The 7mm STW is the best 7mm round on the market. It significantly outperforms the 7mm remington. The STW is a true magnum 7mm and the most powerful 7mm available before you get into severe barrel burners. It is extremely accurate and the best long range choice in a commercial cartridge if 7mm is your caliber. If you reload the 7mm Dakota is also right in there however brass and dies are expensive therefore I like the 7mm STW. The Dakota gives nearly the same numbers in a shorter cartridge that allows for seating bullets out longer and still feed through the magazine. I have six 7mm STW's. They are an excellent choice in 7mm.