7mm stw with 195 Eol Berger load info.

Well said, my first one I built back in the early 90's has a Round 2200 through it and still is sub moa. I know guys who burn them up in a thousand.

Well said, my first one I built back in the early 90's has a Round 2200 through it and still is sub moa. I know guys who burn them up in a thousand.
Mine came out of the first batch Remington produced in the custom shop. The only factory ammo available was the Winchester Supreme shooting the old 140gr CT bullet and 160gr "failsafe".

It literally shot bugholes with the 140's so I bought two full cases of the same lot number and 250 rounds of the same lot of the failsafes.

I've almost shot up that original two cases and probably been through a hundred of the Failsafes.

I was looking for an excuse to rebarrel so I had a buddy of mine that's a custom gunsmith give it a good look with his borescope and he said it still should have well over half it's throat life still intact .

I did get a butt chewing over my lack of cleaning but other than that he said it's probably going to outlive me.

We've been playing with this bullet on whitetail. Furthest was 450 yards so far. Was high lungs shot, and 175lb deer dropped in his tracks. Organs liquified, with severed spine even though the bullet was 2" below. ...not a fan of the non exit, but dam it hits hard.

Hey, just picked up some of these 195 Eol wanted to see if you guys have any info on how they flew. Also looking for starting load data for my 7 stw for them. Thanks
Hey, just picked up some of these 195 Eol wanted to see if you guys have any info on how they flew. Also looking for starting load data for my 7 stw for them. Thanks

Elk guide 45, I can tell you the Berger 195`s fly great in my gun. Last yr when a tied for the World Record I was shooting the 195`s RL-22 and Fed 215 primers. I have shot this load out to 2500 yds . Its my go to LR load.

Elk guide 45, I can tell you the Berger 195`s fly great in my gun. Last yr when a tied for the World Record I was shooting the 195`s RL-22 and Fed 215 primers. I have shot this load out to 2500 yds . Its my go to LR load.
Man, if you like RL22, you would love 7977. Have you tried it, yet? In my .300 Ackley, I got 14 ES and 7 SD and that's kind of hard to get in a magnum cartridge that holds as much capacity as the STW and .300 Wby sized cases do.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.