7mm stw grizzly load

Awesome. Can't wait to see some pictures of the bear. Now for answer to all the debate on bullets. Did you recover either bullet? How was the penetration and performance?

175 grain Partition did the trick. Thanks for all the help. I tried uploading a pic but it didn't work. Got whole thing on film. Awesome hunt. The Ol' STW performer flawlessly. Put first shot right in the wheelhouse and bear just spun in place. Second shot right in the pumper. Bear didn't go a foot. 129 yards free hand. Thanks for all your help!

congratulations !!!
I hope to see pics soon

Awesome. Can't wait to see some pictures of the bear. Now for answer to all the debate on bullets. Did you recover either bullet? How was the penetration and performance?

Got bullet from first shot. Great retention. Have pic of that as well just gotta figure out how to load on here. It passed through behind front shoulder and traveled through cavity. Stuck on other side in front of hip about 8 inches. Bear was quartering too me on first shot. Second shot was broadside and bullet passed through.

In case the links to the pics don't work for everyone: @Joe Kondelis bear pic...
upload_2019-11-25_10-44-54.png

and...
upload_2019-11-25_10-47-50.png

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.