7mm STW Load. /COOPER rifle/

I was looking in my reloading book for the RL26 powder and cant see it.
This is the new reloading book.

I take your advice and wont be messing with to many loads. I will stay with one that works.
I did the same with my 300 and 6.5.
You don't have to go any further than the Alliant Website for data.

Alliant Powder - Reloader's Guide

To get even more just download their reloading manual.

http://alliantpowder.com/resources/...eloadersguide/2014_Alliant_Powder_Catalog.pdf

Update on my shooting with 175gr Nosler AccuBond and H-1000 Powder for
my 7MM STW.
I have the bullet that works for me.

Verdict. 74gr good group about 25cent on 100yard.
76gr not so good???
77gr The best and the closest group of all. I like this load and for now
I stay with it.
Still have to measure the speed, and I will have the update on it later.

Update on my shooting with 175gr Nosler AccuBond and H-1000 Powder for
my 7MM STW.
I have the bullet that works for me.

Verdict. 74gr good group about 25cent on 100yard.
76gr not so good???
77gr The best and the closest group of all. I like this load and for now
I stay with it.
Still have to measure the speed, and I will have the update on it later.

Franki anxious to hear your results and get a little more data on your load. I have a Cooper Model 52 Jackson Hunter in 7mm STW and after less than desirable results from Berger 180 Hunting VLD on two animals I have moved on. Nosler 175 ABLR is my next bullet. Ran out of time last season and got a quick good shooting load with 175 partitions just because I knew they would perform.

I was shooting Retumbo but also have H1000. Have been looking for RL 26 but every shelf locally is fully stocked until you get to the RL26 slot and its just a hole to the back of the shelf. Hopefully one of these days I'll get lucky and find a couple pounds.

Hello, I have the same 7mm rifle you have. I love this gun and took me a wile
to figure out the right load for it. The guys have given me good advice for different
load options. So I went with the Nosler Accu Bond 175gr, H1000 powder. Primer 215 Federal, I did the load from the reloading info book and both the 74 and the 77gr is good. You have to pick the one works for you but they are both excellent. I have the best groups with this load so I will stay with it for now.
Later i post more info on the speed.

Don't bother with Berger, I used the Berger 180 hunting VLD and was not
happy with the results. Berger is good but not for this rifle.

Those of you that are loading the LRAB how far are you starting off the lands?
I have a cooper in 280ai could not get the vlds to shot better than Moa so I tried the Berger classics one hole groups love the gun would love to try the stw if the right deal comes along

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.