7mm STW Reloading Thread

The Sierra bullets are JUST bullets, or loaded? I might try to talk you out of a box.
It's the last box of factory loaded Federal Premium STW ammo I bought 12+ years ago from the store I worked at. Been stored in my safe ever since. :D

It would take some serious persuasion to get me to part with it.

After so many pages, I can't find the post.....A Square 7 STW brass......performance, made by whom? I have two boxes of virgin brass in the gray plastic boxes, bought them shortly after A Square began offering them. Since they stopped offering them, thought I might hold on to them for collector value, but with the shortage, strongly considering "using"!!! Any comments on performance, I noticed they seem to weigh less than either Rem 7STW, or resized Rem 8mag, which is what I started with in the early 90's. Thoughts anyone??
I've never even seen A-Square STW brass before. You might wanna hang onto them. Post up some pictues of them, so if I ever see any, I'll be sure to grab it.

You can find Nosler STW brass and Nosler 8mm RM brass right now...

Nosler Custom Reloading Brass 7mm STW Box of 25

Nosler Custom Reloading Brass 8mm Remington Mag Box of 25

Quality Cartridge Reloading Brass 7mm STW Box of 20

Hey Mud,

See attached photos. Apologize for the blurry head stamp picture, but if you look closely, you can see the A Square. I emailed them last fall to see if they still were selling but got no reply. Photos will be coming one at a time....for some reason won't let upload all at once.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 31
Hey guys, I'm getting ready to break in my new barrel and want to use Speer deepcurl sp 160 to do it since they are cheaper than berger 180vld. Been looking for some load data for the Speer with rutumbo and a coal to start with. Again just a medium load to season the barrel. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
well it looks like h1000 will be hard to get for awhile. picked up some retumbo and 7828, anyone use these with barnes 140 ttsx, also anyone use the nosler accubond in 140? thanks.

H1000 with N 140 BT.....85 gr was my cold weather load, 3425 fps, ..less than 50 degrees....since then I have backed off to 83 gr..haven't clocked it but about 3/4 at a 100.

168 berger vld hunting
81 retumbo
cci 250
27" tube 3250 fps hot load flat primer

168 LRAB
81 retumbo
cci 250
27" tube 3200 fps hot load flat primer

same relative dope due to lrab higher bc