7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

Hey that is one sweet looking rifle, how much does she weigh?
If you are wanting to get the most out of your STW scope wise I would go dial up.

thanks Bear, not sure on exact weight but i will find out naked weight and dressed weight when i get scoped, which dial up do you recommend?

308jagermeister - nice rifle! What is the finish and can you tel me what Redhawk charged you for it?

thanks bobs, I think it's just a cerakote finish and it was well less than $1500 with Alaskan skellontinized bolt added.

Black Sheep - I know you are shooting the 168 LRX over Retumbo, and I plan to work up a similar load. My remmy action has the standard magazine box. Do you think I will have any problem with the COAL?

Doubt it. Mine is a standard Remington Sendero. The 168 LRX is a LOOOOOONG bullet, and it is seated pretty deep to fit the mag. The first groove in the bullet is completely covered by the neck. I can post/email pics of loaded rounds if you want

Here ya go

Attachments

• DSC_0878.jpg
    DSC_0878.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 14
On my 2 long range hunting rifles I am using Leupold VX3 4.5-14 40mm w/CDS in Talley ultralight one piece rings/bases. I went this way primarily to save weight. There definitely are better LR scopes out there but all I looked into are heavier.

Me too and I also find myself in situations where I may need to take a quick shot so I am often carrying my rifle in my hands. So I like my rifles to carry and handle easy and point quickly.