7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

Well, this addiction called STW is getting more expensive. I have been considering a custom barrel and other mods on my Sako 75, then today I came across a m995 TRG-S in 7mmSTW and I bought it up. Should be here in a week or so. Now, I'm not sure which one I will modify.
For years I have wanted to modify a factory rifle, but just never could decide on a caliber to play with, well I've finally found it.

We should change the name of this thread from the brotherhood to STW's anonymous.

I'm Fire306 and I'm addicted.

Your load is never rising. The scope is angled down. The bullet is always dropping. If you want to shoot deep you shoot be running some sort of ballistics software that allows you to see the relationship.

Your load is never rising. The scope is angled down. The bullet is always dropping. If you want to shoot deep you shoot be running some sort of ballistics software that allows you to see the relationship.
I concur .......The instant fhe bullet leaves the barrel gravity takes over and the bullet starts dropping ....as Lycan said the scope is angled down and the tube is angled up the bullet will cross the scope plane twice As he said you will need to run a ballistics program to see this in full effect

good turkey day to all,i found this thread on the site and was so taken by it i bought my first stw on the forum last month.now i will need advice on the best way to make it perform.it is a rechambered factory 700 with i believe a 22 inch barrel.when i got the gun i got some ready to go loads i used to zore the vortex pst i mounted on it.i will use the gun for elk and need some starting advice on bullets and loads.thanks to the brotherhood in advance for all help given.

I've got a custom stw with a 28" kreiger barrel at 1-9.5 twist. I do reload for this and have shot pretty good groups. I use 168gr berger vld 76.4gr of h1000 3.615 coal. What are y'all finding is the most accurate out of y'all's STW? My loves bergers, accubonds, and sometimes AMAXs. I'm not a speed freak, I want accurate. I use this gun for hunting deer anywhere from 50-800 yds.

I've got a custom stw with a 28" kreiger barrel at 1-9.5 twist. I do reload for this and have shot pretty good groups. I use 168gr berger vld 76.4gr of h1000 3.615 coal. What are y'all finding is the most accurate out of y'all's STW? My loves bergers, accubonds, and sometimes AMAXs. I'm not a speed freak, I want accurate. I use this gun for hunting deer anywhere from 50-800 yds.
Barnes TSX"S and Reloader 25 Bro

If the tsx's butterbean mentioned don't fly true an accubond or sierra will. I'd start at rl25 in any case.

Well like the rest of yall i love this round. I have a remington blueprinted #4 ss shilen shrewd brake b&c medalist marine tex. mine loves 140gr nosler bt with a dose of ramshot magnum powder. deer dont move plain and simple. Shes been named Great Sadness. Because a Great Sadness falls across the land when the safety comes off.:cool:

James, I have been shooting the STW for about 16 years and have have shot about everything , and the bullet that intrigues me the most is the Barnes TSX, TTSX, and of recent the LRX. This bullet is extremely accurate, and smokin fast. I am told of complete pass throughs with total devastation internally. I will find out soon, as my season starts the Saturday after T day. The 145 LRX is 1.430 long, has a BC of .486 and my velocity ave is 3440 with no pressure. I have a few targets with .5 groups at 200 yards.
Additionally , I have a rifle that also shoots a 140 partition like a dream. The partition needs no intro, as it is the ultimate in killing power. A lot of people can't get them to shoot as well as they would like, but if you get one to shoot well, look no further, they will not fail. Last but certainly not least, is the nosler CT bullet, ( AKA, ballistic silver tip). These bullets will smoke a deer, but sometimes make a mess.
As for powders, my go too powder for the longest time has always been RL 22. Well, I have recently and decidedly switched to RL25. I am getting excellent velocity, and less pressure spikes. Also, the 25 seems to be less temp sensitive as the 22 is. Hope this is usable info.
Happy Thanksgiving , and Welcome to " The Brotherhood" .:D

TO ALL OF THE " BRETHREN",
First of all, I don't know why this reply is showing up as a direct reply to the above poster, but anyway!!!
I just wanted to say that , here we are, a few days before Thanksgiving. My hunting gear is packed, my guns are locked and packed in flight cases, bullets loaded, and anxiety in full force. This year seems like it dragged through the summer, and when September rolled around, then the time flew. I leave for my hunting trip Thanksgiving nite. I will drive through the nite, and arrive in MD early Friday morning, get my license,sight my gun, and also my son is joining me as well. ( my 19 year old crack shot).
Really, the purpose of this post, is to wish to all a successful hunting season if yours hasn't started yet, and if it has started, or finished, I hope all is going, or went well. Additionally, I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving, and a great holiday season, as it about to officially begin. Take care to all!!!!

Well another deer met its fate at the hands of a 7stw and 162 grain amax. I let a buddy of mine shoot one this evening at 585 yds DRT. As is the norm for everyone I have let shoot it one of his first phrases was " I gotta get one of those". I giggle like a little girl when I watch one of my buddies shoot one over 500 and see the look on their face. He also told me it doesnt really seam fair. :D