7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

Montana73

LRH Team Member
If I were I interested in picking up a new 7mm STW, Is there a manufacturer who still chambers it?
I don't know of any other than Cooper Rifles of Montana. In all of their offerings, wood stock and composite, they will build you a 7STW that will certainly shoot lights out for a factory rifle.

dougduey

If I were I interested in picking up a new 7mm STW, Is there a manufacturer who still chambers it?
McWhorter makes them.......beautiful rifles. I don’t think you can find a large factory manufacturer, like Remington, making them anymore. I bought a Rem 700 SPS chambered in it about 5 years ago. You’re going to have to look in the more semi custom market or buy a used one

marioq

No it wasa sold I think Bean...... I was thinking about picking it up for number 4 since charlie has had my Big Green woman for well over a year.....hahahhaha

marioq

I was asking if i should buy it. But old fart wild rose dropped his phone. And lost it so he doesn’t have a dog to find it!!! Hahahs Hahahsh. That’s a good trick.

SammySTW

Thanks Sammy. Thats exactly what I was after. Most of our shots on deer come at 500-800 yards anyhow. But we have a few hills that can double that. We are hunting mountains with mature timber, getting the animal in the scope on a dark day or any day is the hardest part. Especially if he is moving around. The 56 mm NF should help. We don't need all the bells and whistles of the higher cost Nightforce scopes. But If I was going to run out of clicks I would go for a different model scope.
Thanks
I just checked my NXS 5.5-22x50 that is mounted on a 20 MOA rail on my 6.5 creedmoor. It is zeroed at 200 and I was able to turn it up 71 MOA of elevation. It's supposed to have 100 MOA of total elevation adjustment, so I think that's pretty good to have 70% up and 30% down

Recent Posts

Latest Classifieds

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce