7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

I found some RL26 and was looking for load data for 160 to180 bergers. What has anyone been loading?
I have a SF1 Sendero so I like this weight range for my 1in 9.

I have a 7mm STW Winchester model 70 LRH with a Bartlien 28" sendero barrel. I'm looking for an adjustable stock to change too but seems the stock builders tend to stay away from Winchester actions. Any help will be appreciated! This model had a pre-64 design action.

Attachments

• A209FF0A-E659-42E7-A4DB-CABB609A7EC7.jpeg
    A209FF0A-E659-42E7-A4DB-CABB609A7EC7.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 138
Hey Guys,

I just joined today and yesterday I picked up an M70 7mm stw but the action is Pre 64. It's a beautiful rifle actually and I couldn't pass the deal up. I am reading through the posts and just wanted to say hi and see if there are 2-3 factory ammo out there that would be a good place to start. Sorry if it is posted somewhere I'm just looking for some advice. I have a few adjustments I am going to make on the rifle but for $600 it was a screaming deal in my opinion.

Not sure if you found what you were after, but Nosler has a sale right now... 7stw ammo with 160 partitions in Nosler brass for 44 bucks a box. Just go to their website. Good luck.

I bought a Model 70 Win Super Grade in 7STW in 1998. Being a wildlife biologist in South Texas, being able to harvest deer at long range is a necessary tool. I got over 2,000 rounds out of the first barrel before the accuracy fell below acceptable standards. I rebarreled with a 5 contour Lilja 1:9 twist finished at 28". I used to use Nikon glass, but recently topped her (Emmy, as we call her) with a 6-24x50 Sightron LRMOA. I've always shot 130 SMK's with a charge of 80 gr of 4831SC moving 3550 fps. I trade the higher BC of the larger heavier bullets for the extremely flat trajectory of this pet load. I sight in +1.75" @ 100, and from 0-400 yds, I don't have to worry about dial ups or hold overs, just center it in the shoulder and take the slack out of the Jewel. With 20.5 MOA up, I can consistently shoot 6" groups at 1K, despite the lower BC. And, this load has proven to be a brutal killer at 400-600 yards, with my furthest kills coming at 815 and 835 on consecutive shots. I have harvested over 200 deer at 400+ yds, and they rarely take a step. I'm 1 of a group of 5 loyal STW lovers that all use the same load. I often enjoy the recoil reduction in my 6.5x284 and 260 Rem, but when I head west to mule deer or elk hunt, or when I can only carry 1 rifle, there's no question which one it will be.
So good to hear someone using it similar to what I have!!! Sako RL-22 - 86.0 ,, 120 grain Barnes,, Animals 400 yards have never head the Muzzle Blast !!

I found some RL26 to try out and am happy with the results. I have a stock SF1 Sendero. Using the Berger 168 Classic hunters and 77.0 gr of RL26 I was getting bugholes at 3275 fps. This might not compare to some of the custom builds, but I was only getting about the same velocity with 140 bts using RL25.

I found some RL26 to try out and am happy with the results. I have a stock SF1 Sendero. Using the Berger 168 Classic hunters and 77.0 gr of RL26 I was getting bugholes at 3275 fps. This might not compare to some of the custom builds, but I was only getting about the same velocity with 140 bts using RL25.
That's screaming with the 168 Berger. Sounds like you found your pet load!!

I used the 168 classics when they first came out. Very good all around 7mm bullet. Killed a lot of deer with them
I tried other bullets in this weight range and these shot the best. The RL26 has a lot to do with the performance. I use the 135 classics in my 264 Win and found nothing better for the twist of 1in9.

I have a Sako 75 V 7mm STW. Toped with a Swarovski 3-10. Ive been reading these were a 1 year production. Can anybody fill me in with a little info on year they were built and how many were built? Thanks.