7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

If I were I interested in picking up a new 7mm STW, Is there a manufacturer who still chambers it?
McWhorter makes them.......beautiful rifles. I don't think you can find a large factory manufacturer, like Remington, making them anymore. I bought a Rem 700 SPS chambered in it about 5 years ago. You're going to have to look in the more semi custom market or buy a used one

No it wasa sold I think Bean...... I was thinking about picking it up for number 4 since charlie has had my Big Green woman for well over a year.....hahahhaha

Thanks Sammy. Thats exactly what I was after. Most of our shots on deer come at 500-800 yards anyhow. But we have a few hills that can double that. We are hunting mountains with mature timber, getting the animal in the scope on a dark day or any day is the hardest part. Especially if he is moving around. The 56 mm NF should help. We don't need all the bells and whistles of the higher cost Nightforce scopes. But If I was going to run out of clicks I would go for a different model scope.
Thanks
I just checked my NXS 5.5-22x50 that is mounted on a 20 MOA rail on my 6.5 creedmoor. It is zeroed at 200 and I was able to turn it up 71 MOA of elevation. It's supposed to have 100 MOA of total elevation adjustment, so I think that's pretty good to have 70% up and 30% down

I'm thinking about re-stocking my 7mm stw from an HS Precision pro series sendero stock to a McMillan M40a or something similiar. If anyone can post their STW with the stock they have, I'd appreciate it. My HS precision stock is nice, but I prefer a thin area as opposed to the thicker palm swell on the HS Precision. I'll be selling the stock thereafter.

I'll post my gun pics shortly. Maybe tonight. I have a stiller predator action, jewel trigger, and Broughton 26" # 5 contour sporter barrel. It's a shooter.

Also, I have a connection for brass and was thinking about doing a group buy, maybe 5000 catridges. Anyone interested in joining in?

Thanks,
Ed
I have a mcmillan gamewarden stock on my stw. the palm swell is very large to me. i prefer a smaller one like the one on my 25 06 ackley it's a richards micro fit thumbhole stock.

Hey Guys,

I just joined today and yesterday I picked up an M70 7mm stw but the action is Pre 64. It's a beautiful rifle actually and I couldn't pass the deal up. I am reading through the posts and just wanted to say hi and see if there are 2-3 factory ammo out there that would be a good place to start. Sorry if it is posted somewhere I'm just looking for some advice. I have a few adjustments I am going to make on the rifle but for $600 it was a screaming deal in my opinion.

Attachments

• KIMG0322.JPG
    KIMG0322.JPG
    454.2 KB · Views: 107
Hey Guys,

I just joined today and yesterday I picked up an M70 7mm stw but the action is Pre 64. It's a beautiful rifle actually and I couldn't pass the deal up. I am reading through the posts and just wanted to say hi and see if there are 2-3 factory ammo out there that would be a good place to start. Sorry if it is posted somewhere I'm just looking for some advice. I have a few adjustments I am going to make on the rifle but for $600 it was a screaming deal in my opinion.
The Nosler Trophy Grade 160 Accubond shot well in my rifle, as well as the Nosler 150 partition, but I found that they weren't really consistent enough for long range stuff. Dont try the HSM with berger VLDs, they wont shoot well.
Another good option is Superior Ammunituon, you can call Lonnie and he will set you up with some really good stuff

Sammy, Thanks man I appreciate the info on the Nosler ammo and Superior. Are they the guys out in SC? Again thanks for a place to start.

Sammy, Thanks man I appreciate the info on the Nosler ammo and Superior. Are they the guys out in SC? Again thanks for a place to start.
Yeah they're in SC. I got a sample pack from him and 3 of the 4 samples shot really well, the best was the 150 barnes ttsx