7mm Dakota?

I would also be interested on a Brass group buy. PM me when it goes down.

I plan on buying 100-200 pieces after the 1st of the year.

Kevin built my last Dakota and it performed awesome. I used it for long range Varmint silhouette competition for awhile and also shot a dear long range the same year.

I was shooting Retumbo and 180 VLD out of mine and getting 3175fps out of a 32" broughton barrel. SD and ES in the dingle digits.

Brass was match prepped

Between me, Judd, and the two or so others we ought to be able to get 5-600 cases or so up for a order. I'm wanting 100 myself, how would we go about ordering and distributing.

Nathan

Like I had said, I would like to do a group order, not sure how much money we could save, and how to distribute. However, I do live within 40 min. of JUDD and I'm sure we could work out a trade close by without re mailing the brass. Kevin will also be building my rifle as soon as I get my ducks in a row. I would still like to get the brass prior to the build.
Craig

Like I had said, I would like to do a group order, not sure how much money we could save, and how to distribute. However, I do live within 40 min. of JUDD and I'm sure we could work out a trade close by without re mailing the brass. Kevin will also be building my rifle as soon as I get my ducks in a row. I would still like to get the brass prior to the build.
Craig

If Kevin wouldn't mind since he is doing your build I'd send him the money for my portion of the brass plus extra for shipping. If he didn't want too, which I'd understand I'm sure he is extremely busy building those gorgeous rifles, I could send the money to you or Shane (JUDD) if y'all wouldn't mind.

Nathan

I would also be interested in getting in on a 7mm Dakota Brass group buy. I would be interested in 100 pieces or more. Let me know.

When I first mentioned the idea of a group buy for 7mm Dakota brass it was for the purpose of weight sorting a large lot of brass and grouping them so each participant would end up with brass that was very close in weight. Whoever did the sorting could charge a reasonable amount for their time.

Would that be something you all would be interested in?

That sounds like the best way, glad somebody's thinking. I would be happy to send someone some money to get the ball rolling.
Craig

Right now the list price for 100 rounds or more off 7mm Dakota Brass is $180.00 per 100. That is direct from Dakota. Let me make some calls and see if I can get it any cheaper. I have an FFL, if that makes any difference.

If I were to coordinate this purchase I'd want to charge the following for my services:

Weight sort brass - $25.00 per 100
Ream flash holes - $10.00 per 100
Ream primer pockets - $10.00 per 100
Turn necks to your specified thickness: $25.00 per 100

I would need money up front from all participants. I know this is asking a lot of trust, but if I'm going to do this that's the way I'd want to go.

It would probably take me at least two weeks to do everything after I receive the brass.

One thing about sorting brass: There is always a few cartridges per hundered that fall way out of the average weight of all the other cartridges. We would all have to "eat" these cases equally. I usually use these cases to foul the bore after cleaning the barrel.

Let me know if you all are interested. We aren't makking any comitments yet - I just want to see who is interested, how many cases we are talking about, and if you all think my conditions are fair.

Roy Towers

Craig

Craig,
I'll be ordering after the holidays. If you would like to make a Saturday or Sunday out of it with me we could Match prep all the brass.

I'll probably buy 100 or 200 so it will be a day long event...:D

I'll have 200 6.5x47 to do also....

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.