7mm Dakota build?

red dawg

Hey guy's I am rolling around the idea of maybe building a Dakota around X-mas, I was wondering where I could find a .545 bolt-head for a 110 savage, have had no luck in finding one, and wanted some imput on a 7mm dakota choice of caliber.

You could always build a 7mm STW or 7-300WM on a standard magnum action, or a .28 Nosler on a RUM action.

Not to mention finding brass and load data for any of those will be a lot easier, too.

Finding stw brass is next to impossible here, or I would own the 7 stw, my buddy has went over a year needing brass

Hey i just found that at midway, its really not that big of a deal to neck down is it? I neck down 6mm brass to go in my 22 -6 ai

Hey i just found that at midway, its really not that big of a deal to neck down is it? I neck down 6mm brass to go in my 22 -6 ai

Hey Mudrunner, would a rcbs two die set be all I need?

I have not had to neck down any 8mmRM brass, as I have a good supply of STW brass.

However, I have been told by many folks that it is a simple 1-step process with a regular STW full-length sizing die.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.