7mm blaser mag?

Rich is one of my good friends, the best way to look at what Rich does is taking the best of an Ackley and a Gibbs and puts it in one case, and in the SS and SST lines also puts an action and mag function in the blender and comes out with actually shortening a case then blowing capacity back into it, something which is uncommon in the wildcatting world.

Agreed! He is one of the good guys here and I have the utmost respect with him and what he had accomplished with his Sherman wildcat lines and he does not toot his horn for it.

I really like the 7 Blaser case, it's what Gunwerks should have gotten behind instead of doing the 7 LRM which does not work!
A 7 Blaser with a 175 Berger seated perfectly fits in a Tikka mag box like it was designed for it, IMO it's the most case you can leverage in a med length action. I have a print just sitting waiting for a 270 Blaser and which I really want to play with.
The Blaser case really has so much potential!!!

I really like the 7 Blaser case, it's what Gunwerks should have gotten behind instead of doing the 7 LRM which does not work!
A 7 Blaser with a 175 Berger seated perfectly fits in a Tikka mag box like it was designed for it, IMO it's the most case you can leverage in a med length action. I have a print just sitting waiting for a 270 Blaser and which I really want to play with.
The Blaser case really has so much potential!!!
It's ironic, the 338 & 300 blaser mags are do similar to the 33 & 30 nosler, but with slightly longer necks. I really wish they'd been more popular. Norma did a good job with the design, nosler almost copied em and added a 35° shoulder. 270 blaser mag sounds very interesting! Modern design, weatherby performance!

Ya, the Blaser cases really land on a very, very usable capacity, nothing flashy or over the top just solid, I really wished someone would push them as they really are so perfect for a solid hunting cartridge.

Ya, the Blaser cases really land on a very, very usable capacity, nothing flashy or over the top just solid, I really wished someone would push them as they really are so perfect for a solid hunting cartridge.
Get that 270 blaser reamer, and I'll send you a Tikka and a 1:8 proof barrel!

Get that 270 blaser reamer, and I'll send you a Tikka and a 1:8 proof barrel!

I have a Tikka sitting here also. I was thinking of a 338-300wsm but why not a 338-7mm blaser? I would even be interested in the 270 blaser but not a big 270 fan.

The 7mm Blaser case sure seems to made to fit the Tikka action.

I have a Tikka sitting here also. I was thinking of a 338-300wsm but why not a 338-7mm blaser? I would even be interested in the 270 blaser but not a big 270 fan.

The 7mm Blaser case sure seems to made to fit the Tikka action.
You can buy straight up 338 blaser brass stateside. It's closer to 94gr capacity I believe. The 7 blaser case is a bit small for 338 cal bullets. It'd be probably 50-100 fps slower Than the 338 win, maybe

You can buy straight up 338 blaser brass stateside. It's closer to 94gr capacity I believe. The 7 blaser case is a bit small for 338 cal bullets. It'd be probably 50-100 fps slower Than the 338 win, maybe

I haven't looked at the dimensions of the 338 Blaser but I thought I read that it is a longer case than the 7mm Blaser? And if you seated the bullets where they belong they wouldn't fit in a Tikka length action.

I know that a 338wm would fit with the bullets shoved down in the case. For some reason though I have a strong dislike for that. I would rather build something that is designed correctly than something that isn't even if the performance is the same in the end. Thats why I like the SS line. And now the 7mm Blaser.

Ok it looks like the 7mm Blaser case is 2.35" and the 338 Blaser is 2.5". My google sucks right now cause I can't find neck lengths. Just going off the info I have I feel like the 338 blaser with the 250 berger is to long to fit in a Tikka with the bullet seated where it should be. Please correct me if I'm wrong because I definitely am lacking info to run the numbers and trying to make a guess.

Can't remember exact numbers on the 338 SS but I believe they were hitting 2800 fps in a few of them with the 250 berger. The 338-7mm Blaser should do that or better. I just did the numbers at 2800fps with the 250 Berger quickly and it gets you over 2100 ft-lbs at 700 yards.

Quick google showed around 2800 fps with the 250 Berger also in a 338 win mag.

Its interesting that the 7mm Blaser hasn't caught on more.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.