7mm Blaser Mag experience?

I believe the 7mm blaser is a good cartridge. I wouldn't have any reservations about building one. The Sherman series of 7mm cartridges are very appealing also

Just happen to see this thread is still active. I'm now into my 4th year experience and a 4th chambering. My experience is somewhat different direction than most here. My goal simply was to replace a 7x61SH with a non belted cartridge to give me same performance using the 160 gr. NP hunting bullet.
I started with a Shielen barrel and a reamer from PTG CIP. The tolerance was to the large size or the re-size die to the small end?
Next, I sent the reamer to Manson to have it grind to a smaller dimension, as cases from Norma and my die is towards the smaller end of the tolerance size. Re-chambeing both an old 7x61 and the Shielen barrel with the 'smaller' reamer I can now get 20+ reloads from my brass, as before only 10 max, note the brass is very good and expensive as well. I now have on order a Stainless steel barrel 6 growe 9.5 twist, which I intend to install on a Kliengunther rifle/action.
I use Re.26, 68.4gr 2990ft/s, N560 67.6gr 2957ft/s or MRP 67.6gr 2916ft/s.

I think tbe 7mm blaser would make a dandy 6.5mm case. Unfortunately the only bushing dies a guy could get are whidden, which are hit/miss junk anymore. Be nice if redding or Hornady made a bushing die for this case. I would do the 6.5 blaser for sure!

I'm in for a 6.5BM too!

It has been said that Nosler made a great 7mm cartridge and made it a 26 Nosler, while Blaser made a great 6.5mm cartridge and made a 7mm Blaser out of it.

For target shooting heavy 6.5s the WSM works great for me but for a hunting round that is actually designed for a long action and should feed with no issues the Blaser mag looks like it would be great in 6.5mm.

I'm in for a 6.5BM too!

It has been said that Nosler made a great 7mm cartridge and made it a 26 Nosler, while Blaser made a great 6.5mm cartridge and made a 7mm Blaser out of it.

For target shooting heavy 6.5s the WSM works great for me but for a hunting round that is actually designed for a long action and should feed with no issues the Blaser mag looks like it would be great in 6.5mm.
It's basically a modern day 264 win mag. I think it'd be fantastic.

Attachments

• Reamer1 (1).jpg
    Reamer1 (1).jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 172
Thanks for the reply highdrum, I already had that print, it's unexpectedly only slightly "improved". Ironically the Blaser seems to have almost made it into mainstream even with the 28 Coaster, 7 Dakota, and even my 7 Win Mag, and I"m sure numerous other designs that appear far superior. Funny how some seem to make it better than others. If the Dakota had the standard boltface I'll bet it would have seen far better success.

it is about 4gr more than stock. i was thinking it was bout .011 straighter, but my drawing looks like maybe its only about .005 Regardless, im very pleased with mine. I went with eol 195s, but 175,180, and 184 all shot well too. Makes a nice big brother to my identically built 6mm cm

how much are most others improved?

it is about 4gr more than stock. i was thinking it was bout .011 straighter, but my drawing looks like maybe its only about .005 Regardless, im very pleased with mine. I went with eol 195s, but 175,180, and 184 all shot well too. Makes a nice big brother to my identically built 6mm cm

how much are most others improved?
4gr improvement is nornal. The blaser is already a modern design, rebated rim, big web diameter, 30° shoulder. It does have a long neck, so in theory you could set it to a 284 neck length and blow the shoulder all forward, and probably pick up 6 grain capacity which is a big increase.

When I think of rebated rim, my brain defaults to things like the 284 case where there is a noticeable difference, but I suppose, technically speaking, any case that is larger above the rim than it is at the rim, would be a rebated case.

My 7mm Blaser brass measures .540 just above the rim and .533 at the rim