7mm Blaser Mag experience?

Thanks Edd, I'll have to check the WSM. How do you like the 6.5 Blaser?
I'm waiting on my barrel to be chambered so I don't actually know if I like it. I hope I do because I've spent a good amount on this project. When I get it finished, I might like to try some of your bullets if they will work with a 7" twist.

I don't know how well you have examined a Blaser case but if you haven't looked close, there won't be as much difference between it and the WSM as you are expecting.

I'm waiting on my barrel to be chambered so I don't actually know if I like it. I hope I do because I've spent a good amount on this project. When I get it finished, I might like to try some of your bullets if they will work with a 7" twist.

I don't know how well you have examined a Blaser case but if you haven't looked close, there won't be as much difference between it and the WSM as you are expecting.
The WSM has always been an inferior case. There were many Military Articles on it's weak design when it first came out. The SAUM was noted for having strong webbing, and was highly approved for semi-automatic actions.

The WSM has always been an inferior case. There were many Military Articles on it's weak design when it first came out. The SAUM was noted for having strong webbing, and was highly approved for semi-automatic actions.
I don't know anything about that. My comment was in reference to capacity only.

Resurrecting an old thread here, this one got a little side tracked with going bigger.

I would be interested to here more about those of you shooting the 7mm blaser or even a 6.5-7mm blaser.

I have read just about everything online about this case and think it is a well thought out and designed case. I was looking for something exactly half way between the WSM and the big Noslers with good brass, my research/quest brought me to the 7mm Blasers.

BT
I just got my 7mm blaser "rogue" home but have not shot it yet. Same print as Scouter (Dave6.5), but with a 24" barrel instead of his 26". I'll be a tad slower, but should have 195 eol easily at 2900 and maybe around 3000fps. Just seems to be a very efficient round similar to my 6mm creedmoor. I got brass for $1.50 ea

Sherman 7mm max sounds about the same, but in a short action.

The 7mm Blaser Magnum is ideal with it's 2.35" Cartridge Length for long High B.C. bullets such as (~1.53") 180 grain Berger Hybrid with a SAAMI COAL spec of 3.340". It is too much overbore to be necked down to a 6.5/ 7mm Blaser, IMHO. It has a usable powder capacity of 76.25 grains in the standard unimproved case.
hi , sorry to jump in your post , but do you have any load data for the 7mm blaser mag , I have just got one , but they are not very popular in the uk , id like to use RL26 with a 162 or 175 gr eld ?

I knew the Blaser cartridge line wasn't very popular but with all the 7mm fans/shooters that are out there I would have thought someone had built one of these things before. Guess I'll have to be the first.

??? have you not even read this thread? they are not just everywhere, but there are several stock or improved

hi , sorry to jump in your post , but do you have any load data for the 7mm blaser mag , I have just got one , but they are not very popular in the uk , id like to use RL26 with a 162 or 175 gr eld ?
Reloader 26 is well suited for 180 gr. Berger Hybrid. I would consider this the best long range bullet to shoot. The 195 gr. EOL has too long of a bearing surface to get good velocity without pressure, IMHO. You can achieve 3050-3080 FPS and max. out about 3120 fps with the 180 gr. Berger Hybrid. You don't want max loads with Norma brass. It will open up primer pockets and ruin your brass.

Nosler reloading forums,
i saw 1 thread with some quickload data. Are ther other threads?

Last edited:
I think a 7-300BM is a very nice chambering...

Not much of a "wildcat" if you desing your reamer to "just" resize and load. I mean, not having to shoot a "dedicated" fireforming load... The 7-300 case is better than the 28 nos in my opiniopn, as you can play witha longer neck, is not much overboored for a 7 (at least for my likes... some others may like the 7-338lapua imp :p )

With an OAL of apprx 2,5" it´s very well suited to fit in magazines without need to deal with it. You can have very good performance from a standard LA if you get the throat reamed well to suit your needs.

Any information on real test with 7-300 BM will be much appreciated (throat length, velocities vs barrel length, reloading issues, etc)

Thanks!!

Edit: bringing back to live an old post... LOL