7mm blaser mag?

I feel the 7 blaser is superior to the 7 mag. It's like a 7mm wsm case, with a 7 saum neck. Has an efficient 30° shoulder, lower case taper, quality norma brass. If I was building a 7, shermanized 7 blaser or 28 Nos would be my choice.

Bought a 7wsm seater and pushed a few bullets in to get some measurements before ordering a reamer. Got the reamer specs from bigngreen for the 37 degree "rogue" that he built for dave6.5

Attachments

• 20190216_183034.jpg
    20190216_183034.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 146
Bought a 7wsm seater and pushed a few bullets in to get some measurements before ordering a reamer. Got the reamer specs from bigngreen for the 37 degree "rogue" that he built for dave6.5
You could asked me, I already has a copy of that reamer, ptg has it on file.

I feel the 7 blaser is superior to the 7 mag. It's like a 7mm wsm case, with a 7 saum neck. Has an efficient 30° shoulder, lower case taper, quality norma brass. If I was building a 7, shermanized 7 blaser or 28 Nos would be my choice.

Why does everyone on this board use Sherman instead of Ackley when talking about improved cases? Is Rich your buddy, are you trying to promote his stuff? Or are you ignorant when it comes to history?

Why does everyone on this board use Sherman instead of Ackley when talking about improved cases? Is Rich your buddy, are you trying to promote his stuff? Or are you ignorant when it comes to history?

Wow. Anyway my guess would be because Rich took it a step further then Ackley. Rich almost doubled the improvement on cases like the 6.5-06 percent wise compared to Ackley. So maybe when someone says Sherman they mean improve the case to the max. Not just Ackley it.

I just started reading about the 7mm BM tonight. Looks like a perfect design to maximize the Tikka action.

I am confused by your statement. Because someone chooses Rich's designs over P.O. Ackley's you assume they are ignorant to his cartridge designs? Last I checked Ackley was dead before some of the cases Rich plays with. Not all but some. The real question is why do you care what cartridges others are wildcatting and how they are doing it? Many of Rich's cases also have more case capacity than Ackley's designs.

Rich uses the same shoulder angle, but uses less taper than Ackley did. No he's not my buddy. I guess we should call all improved cases ackley'd if your narrow mind thinks so. I said shermanized cuz that's his twist on it, ackley'd was a bit different.

I wasn't trying to be a *ick, just curious. There are a lot of people that have never heard of Ackley. But, I don't think you can say there is enough difference between one of Rich's designs and one of Ackley's for people to instantly know what you mean by using the term "Shermanized" versus Ackley. Also, Ackley played with almost every cartridge that he could get his hands on, he also had many different variations on each case. He played with shoulder angle, case taper, ect. So again, the term Shermanized vs Ackley doesn't instantly refer to one standard or the other. I was just wondering why you guys don't give credit to the man who did it first? Sherman designs are good and yes, he works with some cases that weren't around in Ackley's time, but he hasn't done anything that hasn't been done before.

Last edited:
I wasn't trying to be a *ick, just curious. There are a lot of people that have never heard of Ackley. But, I don't think you can say there is enough difference between one of Rich's designs and one of Ackley's for people to instantly know what you mean by using the term "Shermanized" versus Ackley. Also, Ackley played with almost every cartridge that he could get his hands on, he also had many different variations on each case. He played with shoulder angle, case taper, ect. So again, the term Shermanized vs Ackley doesn't instantly refer to one standard or the other. I was just wondering why you guys don't give credit to the man who did it first? Sherman designs are good and yes, he works with some cases that weren't around in Ackley's time, but he hasn't done anything that hasn't been done before.
Rich is one of my good friends, the best way to look at what Rich does is taking the best of an Ackley and a Gibbs and puts it in one case, and in the SS and SST lines also puts an action and mag function in the blender and comes out with actually shortening a case then blowing capacity back into it, something which is uncommon in the wildcatting world.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.