7mm/6.5 Weatherby RPM

You might want to research RJS? Europe has several Cartridge versions of this size Brass available I believe.

I would like to see a 30/RPM
It might not equal the big 30's ,but you could get it in a really light rifle for $2500
Or super light rifle for $3500.
My elk hunting friend bought a 300 Wby Backcountry Ti,but because of the 9 lug action its a 6 lb rifle.
With the 6 lug action you get a less that 5lb rifle.

I would like to see a 30/RPM
It might not equal the big 30's ,but you could get it in a really light rifle for $2500
Or super light rifle for $3500.
My elk hunting friend bought a 300 Wby Backcountry Ti,but because of the 9 lug action its a 6 lb rifle.
With the 6 lug action you get a less that 5lb rifle.
That 30RPM would be the perfect do it all rifle for the PNW. I've thought that since they came out with that 6.5RPM. A 7mm version would be equally impressive though.
Currently, a 270 fills this role but I've been giving serious thought to switching it up to a 6 lug Mark V in 280AI after this season. I'd love a 7mm or 30 RPM though!

Last edited:
You are right about the brass,very hard to find,of course so is everything else,primers,bullets,powder,!!
I just bought brass from sportsmans and graf has it also( nov. 2022). I am rechambering a sako to 6.5 Wby RPM and a TC pro hunter .284 win to 7/6.6 Wby RPM, Dies are available from Lee, Redding, hornady and rcbs. soi as far as I'm concerned it is very available and not dead and I will probably end up getting a weatherby backcountry ti, sorted and extremely light rifle imo

That 30RPM would be the perfect do it all rifle for the PNW. I've thought that since they came out with that 6.5RPM. A 7mm version would be equally impressive though.
Currently, a 270 fills this role but I've been giving serious thought to switching it up to a 6 lug Mark V in 280AI after this season. I'd love a 7mm or 30 RPM though!

The RPM is definitely a larger case than the AI. I think that 30 RPM would be like the old .30-338Win Mag, but lots lighter.

What would it do that a .300 win mag couldn't do better? Not trying to be contentious! Actually curious what the appeal is
Probably nothing. But it would be rimless. Some guys hate the belt. Also it would be a new cartridge that could have a faster twist and not be confusing what bullets could be shot in the faster twist. with factory ammo.

Probably nothing. But it would be rimless. Some guys hate the belt. Also it would be a new cartridge that could have a faster twist and not be confusing what bullets could be shot in the faster twist. with factory ammo.
Fair enough. Would going to a .473 bolt face actually result in any real weight reduction for
The rifle?

Fair enough. Would going to a .473 bolt face actually result in any real weight reduction for
The rifle?
Not enough to make me sway either way. I have never talked myself out of a magnum rifle to save weight.

If a guy was to build on a standard large rifle action, the RPM would be top of the list for power in the standard action.

What would it do that a .300 win mag couldn't do better? Not trying to be contentious! Actually curious what the appeal is
A $3500 5lb rifle,last time I checked a custom 300 Win Mag was at least $7000.
Price an "In Rut,"or" Best of the West"
For $2500 you can get a 5.4lb Backcountry steel action!
Now if you are not concerned weight there are lots of options!

Recent Posts