7mm/6.5 Weatherby RPM

I mean look at it compared to the 6.5 PRC. One is popular one isn't even talked about. The RPM is a good round, but I don't ever hear about it. No one is buying them or building them. We were going to build one but couldn't find brass for months. So we went a different route. Nothing wrong with the cartridge, just marketing and how poorly Weatherby brought it about.

After I read an earlier post like yours I called Weatherby. They have so many order they have a back order of three to four months on everything you mentioned. I for one will be one of those waiting when my three acres sells. I will top a 76 ounce rifle with a 24 ounce scope and 1 ounce rings. And then I will install a 1 ounce sling.

Why don't you put it in a rifle with a longer magazine if you have to jump that far? Or shorten the freebore on the reamer.

It is built on a Weatherby Mark V six lug rifle. The action is the one I will use when this barrel wears out. I like its twenty-six ounce weight and three locking lugs.

I don't know why the boring company made such a long throat. It will certainly take longer to wear it out. And it is a consistent one MOA, so I can't complain much since it is a light rifle with a very light barrel.

Yes, brass may be a problem, especially at Weatherby prices. Forming should be easy enough. Assuming they use Norma as the manufacturer of the 6.5, as in the past, that would be a plus for quality.
Brass is a problem(like everything else)Weatherby had once fired and new brass for sale,but all out now,Luckly I got 80 rounds before they ran out.

I mean look at it compared to the 6.5 PRC. One is popular one isn't even talked about. The RPM is a good round, but I don't ever hear about it. No one is buying them or building them. We were going to build one but couldn't find brass for months. So we went a different route. Nothing wrong with the cartridge, just marketing and how poorly Weatherby brought it about.
wrong! I'm building a long range 7 RPM on a Sako AV and a sporter 6.5 RPM on an older L61R... these are tough times. the components will come... patience Grasshopper!

Anyone try necking this case down to 6mm? That'd be a barrel eating beast but also legit awesome…there's no end to monster overbore 22s, 25s, 26, 27 now (with the Nosler), 28, 30, and 33 cal cartridges but for whatever reason there's an actual gap at 6mm. 240 wby is the biggest factory offering (besides the very obscure 244 holland and holland which is exactly what you think it is 😁) and for wildcatters while I have heard of the 6mm Mach 4 (a 7 rem mag or .264 Winnie necked down) it's very uncommon, they just stop at 6-284 and 6-06. Probably cuz they know better but I don't, dang it!

Sadly just not enough bullet to press on for all that powder space
So why does the .257 stw or heck the .257 Allen magnum still beat the .257 wby by a fair bit? Only .013 of an inch bigger than the .244" diameter bullets 6mms use but they have to stop at 30-06 capacity and the 25s can use a RUM case?

So why does the .257 stw or heck the .257 Allen magnum still beat the .257 wby by a fair bit? Only .013 of an inch bigger than the .244" diameter bullets 6mms use but they have to stop at 30-06 capacity and the 25s can use a RUM case?
You can shoot a 6mm out of a rum case, maybe if you didn't have powder bridging issues and found a way for the bullet to stay together. That said you'd burn 40% more powder for %15 velocity?
Compare the stw to the Allen- how much extra powder does the Allen burn( lapua case?)

You can shoot a 6mm out of a rum case, maybe if you didn't have powder bridging issues and found a way for the bullet to stay together. That said you'd burn 40% more powder for %15 velocity?
Compare the stw to the Allen- how much extra powder does the Allen burn( lapua case?)
Okay not to derail the initial question but what exactly is powder bridging? I've tried researching it but can't exactly figure out what I'm reading haha

Powder bridging is an undesirable phenomenon that can occur when casefill is low.

Here is the first result that popped up when I used the search feature. It's actually a pretty good explanation by Kirby.

Powder bridging is an undesirable phenomenon that can occur when casefill is low.

Here is the first result that popped up when I used the search feature. It's actually a pretty good explanation by Kirby.

Thanks man. If anyone would know it'd be Kirby!