Weatherby 6.5/300, 6.5 RPM & 26 Nosler

Biggest problem is finding reloading components.
Been starting with 264 Win Mag data and working up with 4350.
Would like to use RL 26 cause thats what I have.

Husky,
That is a very good setup you have there. Just fun some fine grit paste on the bolt for say, 100 cycles, and it will polish up on the contact areas. Maybe only 50 cycles on the bolt lugs to maintain proper headspace.

Before the Weatherby Backcountry with the 6.5 RPM came out I purchased my idea of a good long ranger rifle for Nevada.
Browning X-Bolt Pro in 6.5 PRC Scope: Bushnell Elite LRTS 4.5 - 18 x 44 W/illuminated G3 reticle
The X-Bolt Pro is Browning's top of the line "semi-custom" rifle with many custom features like carbon fiber stock, fluted everything, factory lapped barrel and burnt Bronze Cerakote finish everywhere.

Yeah the 6.5 PRC isn't in the same energy league as the 3 cartridges mentioned here but it's "enough gun".

Eric B.

Husky,
That is a very good setup you have there. Just fun some fine grit paste on the bolt for say, 100 cycles, and it will polish up on the contact areas. Maybe only 50 cycles on the bolt lugs to maintain proper headspace.

Before the Weatherby Backcountry with the 6.5 RPM came out I purchased my idea of a good long ranger rifle for Nevada.
Browning X-Bolt Pro in 6.5 PRC Scope: Bushnell Elite LRTS 4.5 - 18 x 44 W/illuminated G3 reticle
The X-Bolt Pro is Browning's top of the line "semi-custom" rifle with many custom features like carbon fiber stock, fluted everything, factory lapped barrel and burnt Bronze Cerakote finish everywhere.

Yeah the 6.5 PRC isn't in the same energy league as the 3 cartridges mentioned here but it's "enough gun".

Eric B.
The only reason I am critical of the action is, I have 3 Husqvarna's The later model small ring Mauser.Those actions are like a sharp knife through warm buller!

The only reason I am critical of the action is, I have 3 Husqvarna's The later model small ring Mauser.Those actions are like a sharp knife through warm buller!
apples.. vs oranges... the swedes just do things far superior... always have

MEH, I've handled SAKOS and owned a .300 Win Browning About. I think the Japanese at MIROKU are just as skilled as the Finns at SAKO. My A-Bolt AndX-Bolt actions were very smooth and non-binding.
Eric B.

When I e-mailed Weatherby asking if they would produce the Mountain Ti in 6.5 PRC they responded "no", that the new Weatherby 6.5 RPM round was "better" than the 6.5 PRC.

Well, yeah, the 6.5 RPM is "better" in velocity but it requires a longer action, something I want to avoid.

Eric B.
Longer as in regular 06 length?????

Weatherby 6.5 RPM Cartridge Specs

Water Capacity: 82.5 grs. (as measured)
Overall Case Length: 2.570 in.
Trim-To Case Length: 2.560 in.
Cartridge Overall Length: 3.340 in.
Primer: Large Rifle or Large Rifle Magnum
Max Pressure: 64,000 psi

1696688647518.jpeg

Generally speaking, the 6.5 Weatherby RPM cartridge should be used in the Long Action, often referred to as an '06 length action.

For comparison's sake, that's more velocity than can be expected from traditional 6.5 magnums, such as the .264 Winchester Magnum, or from popular modern high-performance 6.5 selections like the 6.5 PRC and 6.5-284 Norma. It's considerably less than is generated by the 26 Nosler and Weatherby's 6.5-300 (the fastest factory 6.5mm cartridge in existence). However, the latter two are in a different speed zone altogether.
https://www.shootingtimes.com/editorial/weatherby-65-rpm-cartridge-review/374299

1696688903031.jpeg

..no thanks ! I'll stick with my time tested old fashion .260 rem, I guarantee you no animals vital area will know the difference lying on the ground plus I won't loose any sleep worrying about reloading components....