7mm 160g SGK Experience on Game

Agreed, but the problem for us guys shooting 7mm cal right now is there are very few 160 Accubonds available for a guy to shoot. I haven't seen that grain slug on a shelf in 3 years.
While the absence of 160 Accubonds was a problem for the last 2 years, in the last few weeks they were available at many locations. Look around and grab whet you need.

Powdervalley.com has them in stock NOW!

Thanks. That was Reloader 22, which I've not been able to replace for a couple of years. Good powder, but moving on since I can't seem to get RL-22. Have had good results with IMR 8133 too, but Hodgdon stopped distributing it. Hopefully I can get some Retumbo, it also works well in the 7mm Rem Mag.

Regards, Guy

Thanks. That was Reloader 22, which I've not been able to replace for a couple of years. Good powder, but moving on since I can't seem to get RL-22. Have had good results with IMR 8133 too, but Hodgdon stopped distributing it. Hopefully I can get some Retumbo, it also works well in the 7mm Rem Mag.

Regards, Guy
Got good groupping with h4831 in my 7mm and will test imr4350 this year

Regards, Guy
Thanks Guy! I'm down to 1/4 lb of RL22 and have not seen it in years. I do have Retumbo and IMR7828ssc. Thanks again Guy

IMR4350 great for accuracy but very temperature sensitive if you live up North.

🤯
I do live up North so will have to test my load in the fall prior hunting season, but got some h4831 and imr 7828ssc so could build Ă  load with that insted

Most extrem temperature **** go from -4 to 68 so I dont think it will put me out of the vital zone on deer at 300yrd witch is my max range, more comon is 200yds shot

Last edited:
Thats a heavy dose of RL26 for sure! Hows the brass looking? I'm running RL26 and 162 ELDM in a 7-08 with Lapua brass but a low node at 2550-2600fps in a 22" Brux.

Brass looks great as do the primers. I loaded another batch yesterday playing with COAL. I've shot a couple sub 1/2" groups….as well as several 11/2" groups so I'm still searching…. No question the 1/12" groups would work for my self imposed range, but I'm convinced I'm only scratching the surface of the rifle's potential.

In my younger days, I loaded and used the 160 grain Sierras alot in my 7mm rem mag. Shot alot of deer and a few antelope with them. They were very, very accurate and killed well. The biggest issue I saw was the bullets usually came apart. They were just to soft at higher velocities in my 7mm mag......I went to a bonded bullet and never looked back......
Glad you told me. I.have the 7mm stw and have a few of those 160s myself but didn't know what they'd do.

Brass looks great as do the primers. I loaded another batch yesterday playing with COAL. I've shot a couple sub 1/2" groups….as well as several 11/2" groups so I'm still searching…. No question the 1/12" groups would work for my self imposed range, but I'm convinced I'm only scratching the surface of the rifle's potential.
I'm wondering where everyone is getting the R26 at....been looking for that for a while now. I'm settling for others like H1000, 4831, and 7828, but wanted to try some R26 if I can find it. My little 22-250 seems to like the R15 with 55gr green tips.
As for the 7-08 I've got a friend that really likes a SGK in 120gr, but not sure his brand of charge.

Agreed, but the problem for us guys shooting 7mm cal right now is there are very few 160 Accubonds available for a guy to shoot. I haven't seen that grain slug on a shelf in 3 years. So, guys are trying what they can get their hands on. Nosler has probably lost a ton of money and shooters with their complete lack of products available over the components drought and a bunch of us have gone to Hammers or some of the old cup and core stuff which is really economical to shoot.
Just got some 160 AB's in 7mm from midway last week. Don't know if they are still available.