6mm PRC Primal

What twist barrel for the 22? 1:9?
Depends what bullets you wanna shoot but personally i'd go 7.5 to stabilize the 85.5gr bergers

That being said I'm shooting a 22 Creed that tears the jackets off 90gr Bergers when it get's to dirty... which honestly isn't actually very dirty

Depends what bullets you wanna shoot but personally i'd go 7.5 to stabilize the 85.5gr bergers

That being said I'm shooting a 22 Creed that tears the jackets off 90gr Bergers when it get's to dirty... which honestly isn't actually very dirty
Can't really compare a 22 creed to a 22 PRC Primal.

Can't really compare a 22 creed to a 22 PRC Primal.
It wasn't a comparison it was to point out the fact that fast twist and High Velocity can be hard on bullets.
85.5 Berger.jpg

ZYhtevph.jpg

Rifle built by Taylor Stratton at Stratton Custom Rifles in Delta, Colorado - (970) 417-5718 · Strattoncustomrifles@gmail.com

Bedrock Badlands Cerakote by Daniel at Primal Finish - www.primalfinish.com

Lone Peak Fuzion Action
Triggertech Diamond pro curve trigger
Manners LRH Carbon stock masterfully bedded by SCR
Benchmark 24" MTU light, 7.5 twist, 4 groove
@HawkinsPrecision Heavy Tactical Rings and Hunter DBM
B&T Super-Cal Bipod
Tangent Theta 5-25x56 Gen3XRF Coyote optic
Really Right Stuff TFCT MK2 34 w/Anvil30 tripod

We will have Custom dies and rifles available for the full line of PRC Primal calibers in the future. Look for .22cal, 6mm, 6.5mm, and 7mm in the future! Be sure to follow our social, share our posts, and get subscribed to Primal Rights on YouTube so you won't miss out!

I start out with @lapua_ammunition 6.5 PRC cases and pass them through a @shortactioncustoms modular die with 6mm bushing. Then I load up 58gr of H1000 behind a 105 Hybrid and fire form a 40 degree shoulder. Forming loads at 3200fps, with plenty of room for powder once the barrel speeds up.

a46n0Igh.jpg

69LBWWEh.jpg

CzOpVnxh.jpg

Here's the 6mm PRC Primal next to a 6mm Dasher.
wB4553wh.jpg

First rounds on paper as pictured at 100yds. One round and 3-shot group in center with @magnetospeed_official V3 attached. Just getting on paper and grabbing some quick velocities. Then I removed magnetospeed and zeroed the rifle on dots.

kEY8AfFh.jpg

fXYAAKWh.jpg

fib1CMTh.jpg

I'll likely try the @hornadymfg 110gr A-Tips on pronghorn and deer this year. I'll do some updates as I continue work with this amazing rifle.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

You still shooting your short 6 dasher you & ts customs built. I almost copied it before going 6 GT. It an awesome rifle!

You still shooting your short 6 dasher you & ts customs built. I almost copied it before going 6 GT. It an awesome rifle!
Not really. I have maybe another 110rnds for it... but after that, it's getting sent to Stratton Custom Rifles for a new barrel. Will probably get turned into a .20 BRA.

ZYhtevph.jpg

Rifle built by Taylor Stratton at Stratton Custom Rifles in Delta, Colorado - (970) 417-5718 · Strattoncustomrifles@gmail.com

Bedrock Badlands Cerakote by Daniel at Primal Finish - www.primalfinish.com

Lone Peak Fuzion Action
Triggertech Diamond pro curve trigger
Manners LRH Carbon stock masterfully bedded by SCR
Benchmark 24" MTU light, 7.5 twist, 4 groove
@HawkinsPrecision Heavy Tactical Rings and Hunter DBM
B&T Super-Cal Bipod
Tangent Theta 5-25x56 Gen3XRF Coyote optic
Really Right Stuff TFCT MK2 34 w/Anvil30 tripod

We will have Custom dies and rifles available for the full line of PRC Primal calibers in the future. Look for .22cal, 6mm, 6.5mm, and 7mm in the future! Be sure to follow our social, share our posts, and get subscribed to Primal Rights on YouTube so you won't miss out!

I start out with @lapua_ammunition 6.5 PRC cases and pass them through a @shortactioncustoms modular die with 6mm bushing. Then I load up 58gr of H1000 behind a 105 Hybrid and fire form a 40 degree shoulder. Forming loads at 3200fps, with plenty of room for powder once the barrel speeds up.

a46n0Igh.jpg

69LBWWEh.jpg

CzOpVnxh.jpg

Here's the 6mm PRC Primal next to a 6mm Dasher.
wB4553wh.jpg

First rounds on paper as pictured at 100yds. One round and 3-shot group in center with @magnetospeed_official V3 attached. Just getting on paper and grabbing some quick velocities. Then I removed magnetospeed and zeroed the rifle on dots.

kEY8AfFh.jpg

fXYAAKWh.jpg

fib1CMTh.jpg

I'll likely try the @hornadymfg 110gr A-Tips on pronghorn and deer this year. I'll do some updates as I continue work with this amazing rifle.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

beautiful rifle, a complete first-class build. Way to make a grown man drool over a rifle.

Curios about this, dunno how I missed it.

Found its always easier to dovetail off previous work than blaze new trails.

Looks like you answered the source of dies.
Whose clambering this? Is it complete setups or will they spin up prefits or do barreled actions?
Any headway on the 22cal variation?

Have a chance to hunt some open frozen remote tundra for wolf, and have a gap in the lineup between small varmint and big game. My hunch is 80-90 grain 223 pills or 105 to 110 grain pills driven as fast as possible.

A true overbore 6mm is probably the only cartridge the market could actually use. Life's short and barrels are cheap in the grand scheme of things.

Fill us-in if you make the tundra wolf hunt, photos in a kill, please… you will have us all salivating Comfisherman!

Well it's been years in the making, covid village closures, sickness/surgery/recovery, etc. Goal is to get my less cripple backside up there and fill the invitation to chase a few wolf's down.

See a fair bit them in the fall when we fish the peninsula but in the wet and September they look like a mangy coyote.

Back on track. Hot 6mm with a good twist on a base cartridge that's better suited to magazine feeding than a 6x284 is what I'd like to see in the market. It's been 10 years since my 6x284 throat gave up the ghost. It's high time to get another hot 6mm.

Not really. I have maybe another 110rnds for it... but after that, it's getting sent to Stratton Custom Rifles for a new barrel. Will probably get turned into a .20 BRA.

I'm debating between the 20 bra and 22bra right now. Do you have any experience with the 20bra

Curios about this, dunno how I missed it.

Found its always easier to dovetail off previous work than blaze new trails.

Looks like you answered the source of dies.
Whose clambering this? Is it complete setups or will they spin up prefits or do barreled actions?
Any headway on the 22cal variation?

Have a chance to hunt some open frozen remote tundra for wolf, and have a gap in the lineup between small varmint and big game. My hunch is 80-90 grain 223 pills or 105 to 110 grain pills driven as fast as possible.

A true overbore 6mm is probably the only cartridge the market could actually use. Life's short and barrels are cheap in the grand scheme of things.
I appreciate all the interest fellas. We'll be releasing these versions as component availability allows. Complete rifles first. Rifles will be a collaboration between Primal Rights, Primal Finish, and Stratton Custom Rifles. We'll provide dies and starting load data as well as complete support. We intend to be a one-stop-shop for anyone looking to get into these cartridges.

Eventually we will likely release the print. I'd like to see adoption of these great designs, so once we get them all worked out, with complete cartridge guides up, we'll turn them loose. That may take the next year, as I'd like to get barrels burned up on all of them before making sweeping proclamations of their capabilities.

I wanted to start with the 6mm, because I think it is the most impactful version. That, and the 7mm PRC Primal. The 6.5 doesn't seem to offer much over the base 6.5 PRC... so that's probably the least exciting of the bunch. The .22cal will probably be too much work for a lot of people. The 6mm has proven to be extremely fun and capable. I have a dozen deer tags to fill with it in the coming weeks. After that, I'll release the cartridge guide for it... and then move on to the next one, which will either be the 22 or 7mm.

I appreciate your patience, but I need to make sure there's no sneaky weirdness that shows up later in the barrel life before I advocate anything. This 6mm PRC Primal has been nothing short of amazing so far, but I'm only 283rnds in. It shoots SO well, that I plan to baby it a long. I have another barrel chambered up already that I intend to beat on and burn up quick... but this one literally shoots in the .0's or .1's virtually every time I take it out. It's just a special barrel, built by a special smith, cerakoted by a special finisher. I'm pretty attached to it, and that doesn't happen with me very much. ;) Point in fact, it's probably been 10 years since I've had this kind of connection with a rifle.

I'm debating between the 20 bra and 22bra right now. Do you have any experience with the 20bra
Yes but not as much as I'd like. :) I'll certainly put some content up when I get some quality time with it. I've been very much enjoying my 22BRA's.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate