6mm PRC Primal

ZYhtevph.jpg

Rifle built by Taylor Stratton at Stratton Custom Rifles in Delta, Colorado - (970) 417-5718 · Strattoncustomrifles@gmail.com

Bedrock Badlands Cerakote by Daniel at Primal Finish - www.primalfinish.com

Lone Peak Fuzion Action
Triggertech Diamond pro curve trigger
Manners LRH Carbon stock masterfully bedded by SCR
Benchmark 24" MTU light, 7.5 twist, 4 groove
@HawkinsPrecision Heavy Tactical Rings and Hunter DBM
B&T Super-Cal Bipod
Tangent Theta 5-25x56 Gen3XRF Coyote optic
Really Right Stuff TFCT MK2 34 w/Anvil30 tripod

We will have Custom dies and rifles available for the full line of PRC Primal calibers in the future. Look for .22cal, 6mm, 6.5mm, and 7mm in the future! Be sure to follow our social, share our posts, and get subscribed to Primal Rights on YouTube so you won't miss out!

I start out with @lapua_ammunition 6.5 PRC cases and pass them through a @shortactioncustoms modular die with 6mm bushing. Then I load up 58gr of H1000 behind a 105 Hybrid and fire form a 40 degree shoulder. Forming loads at 3200fps, with plenty of room for powder once the barrel speeds up.

a46n0Igh.jpg

69LBWWEh.jpg

CzOpVnxh.jpg

Here's the 6mm PRC Primal next to a 6mm Dasher.
wB4553wh.jpg

First rounds on paper as pictured at 100yds. One round and 3-shot group in center with @magnetospeed_official V3 attached. Just getting on paper and grabbing some quick velocities. Then I removed magnetospeed and zeroed the rifle on dots.

kEY8AfFh.jpg

fXYAAKWh.jpg

fib1CMTh.jpg

I'll likely try the @hornadymfg 110gr A-Tips on pronghorn and deer this year. I'll do some updates as I continue work with this amazing rifle.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

Like the sound of that cartridge. Sounds like a real sweet 6mm! One of the few market voids of our sport IMO is a truly big 6mm, something more than the .240 wby.

Sweet!