Introducing the .20 Primal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orkan, you were shooting a 20-223AI (or similar) also. How do you rank the 20-223AI, 20BRA, and this new 20 Primal for prairie dog hunting (assume all 55 Bergers).

You told me to use 75ELDM in a 223 for PDs and you were right, of course, they work great and "fly" better in the wind.

Last edited:
Orkan, you were shooting a 20-223AI (or similar) also. How do you rank the 20-223AI, 20BRA, and this new 20 Primal for prairie dog hunting (assume all 55 Bergers).

You told me to use 75ELDM in a 223 for PDs and you were right, of course, they work great and "fly" better in the wind.

They are all in separate performance categories. If I could only have one, it would be the .20BRA. Dealing with .223 brass on the .20-223AI stinks. Dainty little rims and weak cases. Even on the good brass, it's nothing like alpha BRA. The 20 Primal is on the top end... and a single shot neck down process through a SAC creed die with great Alpha brass.

If we said for prairie dog hunting exclusively... the .20 BRA is the winner by far. The 20 primal puts out way too much heat for high volume colony varminting. I haven't murdered a barrel yet, but it won't be hard if a guy didn't know when to stop shooting.

Getting .20-223AI setup in a dillon autodrive fine tuned and running might be worth it, as it's a fantastic cartridge... but dealing with the cartridge is a pain compared to the BRA. Yet if a guy wants tons and tons of ammo, that might be a really good way to go about things. I'm not sure if it's even possible with H4350, as it doesn't always want to go in the hole.

Can we see a picture of your barrel supply?
No... they are at Stratton Custom Rifles. (Delta, CO) :)

Doesn't do me any good having them laying around here. When I need one, I make a call. :)

Last time I put in a barrel order, I ordered 40 carbons and I forget how many steel.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

NICE!! I necked a 22GT down to 20 once and seated a 55 Berger in it and it looked cool--No doubt it'd be another good one. But as I remember I thought the 204 Ruger with the 55's oughtta be great in an AR...but you gotta use the old style VLD magazine to get it seated right...I think--gotta check that now. Yep just checked it and AR-15 204R/55 Berger VLD magazine at 2.450 OAL IS THE WAY...c'mon Orkan do that one--I don't think anyone's done one yet.

Last edited:
IMG_4709.jpeg

That might be what I need. Had to make 75gr max bullet load for my 6cm for the varmint round at the shoot at Reva yesterday, but only had to shoot to 400. 105s for the long range portion. Shot my 7 blaser and 195s to 1204yd for the first time. I've got an old Tx bench 22-250 gun that needs a new barrel...

Status
Not open for further replies.