Introducing myself.

A/1-61

As a brand new member of this forum, I want to introduce myself. I am a lifelong hunter and shooter, 55 plus years. Like many, I learned my shooting skills in the US Army and even got some firsthand on the job training in a combat unit in Vietnam .
My passion is big game and I have hunted with rifle, shotgun, and all types of bow. In the last 20 years, due to shoulder disabilities, my bow of choice now is the crossbow. I have always lived in the northeast and have tramped the length and breath of the state of Maine for some 50 years. In my home area, the 270 Winchester and a 20 gauge shotgun have done the trick for me.

In the mid-90s, I branched out hunting the southern and western states. Whether it was a bean field in South Carolina, or and open Mesa in Colorado or Montana, I realize that I needed a longer range platform, so I bought a 300 Weatherby and a 7 mm STW in the mid 90s. In the 1970s I started doing my own reloading and I have not bought a factory cartridge since.
I have skimmed through the site and read some interesting threads. I hope I can help some of you with my knowledge, and I know I can learn much from many of you. Thanks for the acceptance.

Welcome from Wisconsin. We are heading out to Maine for our annual vacation on Saturday. Will be staying about 20 miles west of Augusta. Where are you located?

Warrenoliver
The town of Cutler on the coast in Washington county. Great lobsters and steamers right off the boat in Cutler harbor. Unfortunately it is another 4 hours Northeast of Augusta.