6mm Creed

Pet loads are Berger 105 Hybrid with H4350 (3231) or IMR 4451(3176) for targets/gongs and Berger 115 VLD Hunting with IMR 4451 (3023). IMR 4451 gives the best accuracy in my Shilen 1 in 7 twist barrel.

Some of the PRS guys have started playing with H4831 because it is slower and cooler leading to less throat erosion. I'm not particularly worried about speed and if I can get 2900fps or more with what I consider good accuracy that's enough for me. My drop data says that I'm running about 2950fps but I don't have a chronograph. Group sizes and drop at distance tell me what I need to know.
I asked because on the heat index or joules chart 4831 actually burns hotter, more energy, than 4350 even though it's a slower burning powder.

I was able to locate a few #s of H4350. After doing a little more research, it seems to be "the" powder. I am loading some right now and will shoot in the morning. Thanks for the help everyone!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.