6mm Creed Help?

hubbarj

I'm doing some load development with the Berger 108 Elite Hunter's. I ran a ladder with StaBall 6.5 and H4350. The StaBall had very erratic velocities. The H4350 seems promising but my velocities are fairly low. I can't find any decent kid info for these bullets so I played it safe and stopped at 40.0gr and that gave me 2830fps. Just wondering if anyone has any published data on max charge for this bullet and H4350. The rifle is a howa 1500, 22", 7.5 twist.
Thanks,
John

If you aren't getting pressure signs then work up slowly. 40grns of H4350 is fairly low. Max is listed at 41.6grns on Hodgdon site but depends on brass used also.

I had that same set up until I put a new barrel on it. The factory barrel does run a little slower than my customs, but I like them at 26 inches. Those have a lot of freebore, so you can work up your powder more. I was getting 3050 with a 105 A max and 7828. A 108 EH will run faster than the A max. Keep working up on your powder carefully till you start seeing pressure signs. Are you using large or small primers ? That make a difference on your powder charge also.

I had that same set up until I put a new barrel on it. The factory barrel does run a little slower than my customs, but I like them at 26 inches. Those have a lot of freebore, so you can work up your powder more. I was getting 3050 with a 105 A max and 7828. A 108 EH will run faster than the A max. Keep working up on your powder carefully till you start seeing pressure signs. Are you using large or small primers ? That make a difference on your powder charge also.
What did you put on for a barrel? I'm running Lapua SRP brass and CCI 450 primers. I'm loading these .020 off the lands and the accuracy is really good. I loaded up 8 more rounds at .3 grains up to 42.4gr and I'll see where this gets me as far as speed.

Like Coop said 6.5 gets more stable closer you get to max pressure. I load the 108's in both of mine using it and I get extremely low ES & SD Like Single digits ES & SD's in 2's and 3's.

Both use the same charge of 44.0 grains and Both at 3,100'. Mine loves them. Both rifles shoot .2's moa groups.

I am running 39 grains of 4350 and a 105 hornady and that is pushing 2975 with a 26 inch tube. Pretty mild load but boy does it shoot good and has an es under 10 every time I have thrown a chrono on it. I am runnin those at 2.243 to the ojive which is .030 off of a sammi spec chamber. If you really want to chase speed, 43 grains of reloader 26 with a 115 Dtac had me at 3060. Still no pressure and shot that in PRS for a while before they quit making them

I was doing some load development on a 6 CM before I moved to Florida (have not found a place to shoot in my area).

I found my rifle (factory Savage 10T SR) shoots very well with 107gr Nosler BT Match bullets. The only thing that I found was that my rifle has an extreme amount of free bore. In order to seat bullets far enough into the neck for stability, I was having to seat 70 Thou off the lans? Did not seem to affect accuracy and velocities were running bit over 3100fps with no signs of pressure. I still had room for more powder and think I could easily got 3200fps you can get with this cartridge before any signs of pressure. Twist rate on this rifle is 7.5 and I was looking at trying some 115gr loads and then I moved and screwed up my shooting???

Great weather, but poor place to shoot! I didn't do enough research 🧐