6mm Creed

CNY Yote Hunter

So after a year or so of sitting on a brand new unopened set of Hornady Match Grade dies I finally got some time to reload. Well I went to seat the seating die and put the projectile in place to run it up and it fell into the case... primers out.. must have resized it, maybe made a mistake. Put the resizing die back in and removed the decapping pin to see what is going on. No issues at all, case is fully into die, machined wrong! Can't be, took an unfired factory round and ran this case right over the ogive without even a hesitation. Didn't mic the case head yet because I walked away but I'd bet a 7mm would probably fit in it well. Anyone else ever run across this? Going to let Hornady know tomorrow when customer service opens up

Probably 6.5 creedmoor die got boxed by mistake they probably sell 20 to 1 of 6.5 to the 6. David
That would make sense. The die is definitely stamped 6mm creed but I could see how that could happen. Would never expect to see that out of a higher priced die set, it happens though with anything. Only reason I really put this out there is I have a feeling because it's been a year or more since I purchased them I might run into an issue with getting them replaced. Don't know until I try, hopefully others will look sooner than I did lol!

Just a guess but would be real easy to stamp one wrong I feel they will take care of it they wouldn't know if you bought it yesterday actually But shouldn't make any difference anyway. David

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.