6mm Creed SRP

GTN

I done a couple searches and didn't come up with much so figured I'd ask. Does anyone have any experience with 6 Creed and BR-4 primers? Looks like 450s or 205M's are what is preferred with SRP's I just have a surplus of BR4's . I haven't bought brass yet so I could go LRP if the BR4's aren't the best option.

Rifle is a Remington action with 18" Krieger with 8tw. Looking to run 90-105gr pills.

I have moved to SRP brass for 65 CM and 260 because I can get Small Rifle Primers (even the magnums) easier than I can get Large Rifle Primers. Unless you already have a stash of Large Rifle Primers, I would look at the Small Rifle Primer brass.

I love srp's in 22 creeds, 6creed, 308, and 6 dasher! You won't look back and probably won't notice any group difference except slight poi change. If you venture outside the charts the srp brass is the way to go. Much less primer pocket losses in my experience.

Looking at a primer comparison sheet I picked up, BR4 are "standard small rifle primer - not magnum" but with a harder cup. Good news the harder cup should handle the 6CM pressure better but a "magnum small rifle primer" might ignite the powder better.

I know PRS shooters who prefer the BR4 in 6BR, 6BRA, and 6Dasher.

CCI450s seem to becoming more available and I use the 450s in my 6Dasher.

Try the BR4s in your 6CM.

Attachments

• primercharts (4).pdf
    124.2 KB · Views: 87
I had some ftf when trying BR4s in my 6 Creed, so I stick with 9.5's and 205's.
Any chance it was cold-action related, grease or something in the pin/ spring?

I don't have a dog in the fight, just curious. When I found out they were thicker cup and standard brisance I thought they might be an alternate to use in my 6mm AR-10s instead of the Fed GM205ARs, but what's the point in the premium price if I get a FTF?

Any chance it was cold-action related, grease or something in the pin/ spring?

I don't have a dog in the fight, just curious. When I found out they were thicker cup and standard brisance I thought they might be an alternate to use in my 6mm AR-10s instead of the Fed GM205ARs, but what's the point in the premium price if I get a FTF?
I only loaded 10 or 20 with those primers. Loaded the exact same load but with 205's also, and they all shot good immediately after the BR's didn't shoot.