6 years too long to wait for rifle?

If you have a guys money you owe him some accountability on it, if you have a guys parts in your position you should give accountability for them immediately if you won't do either you should return the parts and money in full and stop communicating at that point!!

So he got back to me. He has had some issues with a spam filter. He has had some stuff that has been pulling his attention away from some projects. Dealing with vendor issues in regards to his wildcat support. My McMillan stock had an issue and needed to be returned and fixed, it sounds like life has just gotten really hectic for him lately. My action and barrel work is done, he was apologetic and as pleasant in this last correspondence as he has ever been. He has always been awesome in his emails, and very helpful about working through ideas to get to a plan that fulfills the customers requirements. I am satisfied.

So he got back to me. He has had some issues with a spam filter. He has had some stuff that has been pulling his attention away from some projects. Dealing with vendor issues in regards to his wildcat support. My McMillan stock had an issue and needed to be returned and fixed, it sounds like life has just gotten really hectic for him lately. My action and barrel work is done, he was apologetic and as pleasant in this last correspondence as he has ever been. He has always been awesome in his emails, and very helpful about working through ideas to get to a plan that fulfills the customers requirements. I am satisfied.

Glad you are satisfied with his excuses. I know I wouldn't be, but I would have shown up on his doorstep long ago asking for my parts and money back. Six years is beyond ridiculous.

The fastest way to get a smiths attention is the BATF, no the ATF is not fast but they will follow up with a letter and no Smith wants to lose his livelihood.

While I am not happy with what has happened, he is owning that he has dropped the ball on this project and I think that says something. Hopefully that something is that my rifle is bedded to its stock, scope mounted, tested at range, and shipped very soon.

Glad you are satisfied with his excuses. I know I wouldn't be, but I would have shown up on his doorstep long ago asking for my parts and money back. Six years is beyond ridiculous.

+1! I understand patience is a virtue but for 6 years ??? ... WOW! The only thing I waited longer than 6 years is when my wife and I finally decided to have our 1st child. :):Dgun)

While I am not happy with what has happened, he is owning that he has dropped the ball on this project and I think that says something. Hopefully that something is that my rifle is bedded to its stock, scope mounted, tested at range, and shipped very soon.

lightbulbYour response still seems that you are NOT certain of a final completion date. I hate to say this but at this point if you still want this guy to finish this project, you should be setting the timeline and ultimatum ... PERIOD ... and finally put a closure on your ordeal. lightbulb

Good luck!

6 years to long to wait for rifle?: Yes

I be very suspect if you were able to get anything back but were it me, I'd be trying. I'd be thinking more in terms of being swindled than long wait-time.

Wow, never would have thought that. His builds are coveted and he has a great set of wildcats that are popular too. Last I saw his build wait was 2 years and folks were happy, happy, happy to wait. That's crazy.

I checked his profile and his last activity was 08-27-2015. That's crazier. He has over 6,800 post and has been a major contributor to this site.

Sad and good luck.

I got an email from him saying a bunch of emails were being rerouted to junk mail or something like that.

I got an email from him saying a bunch of emails were being rerouted to junk mail or something like that.

That's a BS response of saying " I am to lazy to finish the build and know the guy will wait 100 years for it to be completed"
He has no problems getting on Facebook to post idiotic posts everyday instead of taking care of his customers.
Any sane business person is going to look into their "junk" folder to make sure they aren't missing any potential money.

6 years and I would be kicking down doors. It's no coincidence he hasn't had a presence on the former for awhile. He has all the kool aid drinkers he needs so he can do everything he wants in life

+1! I understand patience is a virtue but for 6 years ??? ... WOW! The only thing I waited longer than 6 years is when my wife and I finally decided to have our 1st child. :):Dgun)

lightbulbYour response still seems that you are NOT certain of a final completion date. I hate to say this but at this point if you still want this guy to finish this project, you should be setting the timeline and ultimatum ... PERIOD ... and finally put a closure on your ordeal. lightbulb

Good luck!

This times 1 million!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts