how long ? how stinkin long must I wait?

Jimm

It's been gone two months now , the barrel is "on order" what is reasonable time frame? better yet what is your experience re: rebarrel, not much else? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Jim

There are way too many variables to give you a reasonable answer. How much work is there in front of yours? Most barrels are special order and I know some barrels can take up to 8+ weeks to receive. Lots of things come up when you have your own service related business too. Like customers calling at bad times, or all day. If your smith is busy that's a good thing. It will probably be worth the wait. I do taxidermy work and I don't give out a set completion date anymore now its 11-18 months. Imagine how excited you are about your project and how many other people are just as excited and call every other day to check on progress. I would say 1 week to 2 months would be a good turn around time after the barrel arrives. I know what its like to wait. your gun will seem so much newer when it gets back it will be worth it… /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

This is from hart barrels website:

Our Current Delivery Schedule is:
6 - 8 weeks on barrels
18 - 20 weeks on re-barreling jobs

Quick hijack.

Heatseekins, Do you have any family by the last name of Cardwell in Cd'A?

End hijack.

4ked horn, I dont know anyone by Cardwell in Cd'A, i live about 1.5 hours south in Lewiston. Most of my family is here or in Alaska. where are you located at? Im always looking for a shooting partner.
[email protected]
Glen seekins

If it takes you one and a half hours to get to Cd'A you're not going fast enough through Worley. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I live in Meridian down here by Boise so the hunting partner thing would be a little hard to do. If I get up that way to visit family I would stop in for lunch with ya'.

I was just askin' cuz I have an "in law" that has a kid that is also a taxidermist in Lewiston. Just wondering if you were them. Thats all.

I'll keep your email addy and send you a note if we ever get around to going up for a visit or a Boomershoot. Mine is [email protected] if you are in need of a contact down this way.

BTW if the CCI and Speer plant are still there be sure to take a tour of them (if they still do that). Pretty interesting stuff.

Names Joe BTW

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.