6.5x284 Loading for best accuracy?

Another excellent choice is the 130g Berger tactical AR hybrid. It is the easiest bullet I've ever worked with and has very well documented performance on game. I have personally used it to take whitetail and hogs in everything from 6.5 Grendel to 264 win mag at every range from inside forty yards to a little past 700 yards. Always has about a 1-1/2" exit hole and utter internal carnage. With a nine twist rig there isn't a better choice available currently. I run it in a 24" 6.5/06 at 3080f/s which you should be able to easily and safely replicate in 6.5/284 with several different powders.

I've recently had my second 6.5-284 built and having a problem extracting brass. Norma brass extracted fine when virgin now after annealing and FL sizing (.002" shoulder bump) brass sticks. 52.5 grains H4831sc. Reamer was marked 6.5-284 Lapua and came with.284 win headspace gauge. Can anyone help

I've recently had my second 6.5-284 built and having a problem extracting brass. Norma brass extracted fine when virgin now after annealing and FL sizing (.002" shoulder bump) brass sticks. 52.5 grains H4831sc. Reamer was marked 6.5-284 Lapua and came with.284 win headspace gauge. Can anyone help
The 284 win headspace gauge is used for the 284 win, 6.5 284 win, lapua, Norma. The only difference in the 6.5s is the throat, the lapua has a shorter throat than a Norma.

Do your fired cases(before re-sizing) feed and extract from your chamber? What kind of FL dyes are you using? Any idea of what portion of the case is sticking in your chamber after re-sizing?

Do your fired cases(before re-sizing) feed and extract from your chamber? What kind of FL dyes are you using? Any idea of what portion of the case is sticking in your chamber after re-sizing?
Fired cases don't feed without sizing with the Redding FL comp dies and I'm not sure how much sized case fits into chamber after they're sized

The brass grows for sure after first firing. Did you check the OAL of the brass after bumping the shoulder? Are you bumping the shoulder enough? Are they sticking after your second firing or after resized only? I use Redding competition shell holders which bump .002 per shell holder until I get good cycling with minimum resizing. Good luck!!

When I'm bumping my shoulders back with competition dies I feed my cases into the chamber to make sure they fit easily. It takes a few adjustments to get the die set correctly. Whidden makes a good video on their die sets, not sure if it will help on your dies, but there's probably something useful on YouTube. Just make sure it's from an expert not someone like me lol. I like watching the guys that make the dies, that win 1000-yard F Class events and such. The brass will stretch when you first attempt to bump back a couple thousandths. I take is slow and easy with a new piece of brass with each adjustment, and then size them all when I get it where it needs to be. A machinist friend helped me get mine set up for my custom 28 Nosler, and it is amazing how well it shoots when I get everything right.

When I'm bumping my shoulders back with competition dies I feed my cases into the chamber to make sure they fit easily. It takes a few adjustments to get the die set correctly. Whidden makes a good video on their die sets, not sure if it will help on your dies, but there's probably something useful on YouTube. Just make sure it's from an expert not someone like me lol. I like watching the guys that make the dies, that win 1000-yard F Class events and such. The brass will stretch when you first attempt to bump back a couple thousandths. I take is slow and easy with a new piece of brass with each adjustment, and then size them all when I get it where it needs to be. A machinist friend helped me get mine set up for my custom 28 Nosler, and it is amazing how well it shoots when I get everything right.
Thank You

The brass grows for sure after first firing. Did you check the OAL of the brass after bumping the shoulder? Are you bumping the shoulder enough? Are they sticking after your second firing or after resized only? I use Redding competition shell holders which bump .002 per shell holder until I get good cycling with minimum resizing. Good luck!!
Unfired new Norma brass worked fine and after sizing and annealing cases stick with same charge weight and bullet seating depth/jump. They're sticking after second firing in this chamber but work fine in another chamber done with different reamer

Unfired new Norma brass worked fine and after sizing and annealing cases stick with same charge weight and bullet seating depth/jump. They're sticking after second firing in this chamber but work fine in another chamber done with different reamer
Sounds like a chamber issue, we are just throwing spaghetti at the wall here. Talk to the smith who chambered the barrel, bring in some fired brass.

Last question. What action are you using? If it's a Remington with RR prefix it could be a Primary Extraction issue. Just throwing some more spaghetti at the wall.

Fired cases don't feed without sizing with the Redding FL comp dies and I'm not sure how much sized case fits into chamber after they're size

Last question. What action are you using? If it's a Remington with RR prefix it could be a Primary Extraction issue. Just throwing some more spaghetti at the wall.
Remington factory extractor. Worked fine for new brass