6.5 StaBall Powder

What is anyone using 6.5 StaBall in reloading and your results.
we purchased some when it was available just because it was available and always thinking ahead might be something we could use as a substitute for a Powder we can't find.
question for anyone do you like it and what are you reloading in?
Should we keep it or pass along to someone that truly used it and needs it.
We have some inventory that may need to be relinquished.
Thanks much
Len and Jill
Yes: I use it as a standby replacement for H4350 in the 6.5CM. I have to add 1.0gr of StaBall to match the H4350 velocity. It works great.

Works excellent in my 270 Win with a full case behind the 117gr Hammers.
I'm hoping it will work equally well in the 260 I'm having built because I bought 10+ pounds after seeing how well it did in my 270.
Great to see my hopes confirmed by all the info from guys using the .308 class case 👍

My buddy has an AR platform 6.5CM and.very accurate at 200yds. I haven't had much success with it and staying with H4350.

I think you said that before.good to see you are still here I used it last month to beat everyone in unlimited sniper I plan on doing it again tomorrow I also brush my teeth with it
I'm Dead

Laugh.gif

Thanks everyone and your responses. We have plenty of h4350 which is our go to powder for .243, .260 and WSMs. Using h4895 for the .204 & 223. Also have plenty of CFE223. Using Varget for 6BR. Have h4381sc for the 6.5x284 and h1000, Retumbo for .338lmai. Also have Hybrid 100, 6.5 StaBall, RL26 on the sidelines.
We are pretty much set with powder as bullets for a while. Been planning ahead ever since Clinton took office and still planning for future dark days.
Glad to see that getting the StaBall was an ok idea. Will come in use for one caliber or another.

Works ok with one of my 30-06s and 150 grain Sierras and ballistic tips. I haven't had a chance to run it over the chrono but it's right at a max load. Like a lot of powders, it can be dirty at low charge levels. I see no reason to operate at minimum speeds/pressures. Most cartridges shoot their best at the upper levels. Also used StayBall in a 22-250 with the 65 grain Sierras with good accuracy. Attached is the last target I shot from a week ago off the tailgate of my truck. Won't set any records but good enough for deer.

6C656D3E-46DB-4D86-B5D7-7062C9537863.jpeg

Thanks everyone and your responses. We have plenty of h4350 which is our go to powder for .243, .260 and WSMs. Using h4895 for the .204 & 223. Also have plenty of CFE223. Using Varget for 6BR. Have h4381sc for the 6.5x284 and h1000, Retumbo for .338lmai. Also have Hybrid 100, 6.5 StaBall, RL26 on the sidelines.
We are pretty much set with powder as bullets for a while. Been planning ahead ever since Clinton took office and still planning for future dark days.
Glad to see that getting the StaBall was an ok idea. Will come in use for one caliber or another.
I'm going to start load development in my 7-08 and 300WSM using it. I'll post results.

What is anyone using 6.5 StaBall in reloading and your results.
we purchased some when it was available just because it was available and always thinking ahead might be something we could use as a substitute for a Powder we can't find.
question for anyone do you like it and what are you reloading in?
Should we keep it or pass along to someone that truly used it and needs it.
We have some inventory that may need to be relinquished.
Thanks much
Len and Jill
We have used it in a 6.5 Creedmoor and it shoots pretty good Sd and Es are very low