Winchester StaBall 6.5 Ball Powder

I will play around with it and see what I can come up with, thanks for the help.
They show cfe223 working well.I have had good luck with tac too. For accuracy hard to beat imr4064.4064 will not give you the best speed but very accurate.Just for giggles Iwould like to try R16 with a 165 or 175 and see if I could get to pressure with it.If you can get up to pressure with a little slower powder it usually gives very good results.

Thanks for the info, real happy with CFE for 308 and 223 they show 223 data with Ball but nothing for 308. I will try a little work up and see what I can get out of it.

Last edited:
I called Hodgdon about this about 2 weeks ago. The gentleman told me that the powder was too slow for the 308, was dirty and did not perform well with the 308 Win, not even with medium to heavy bullets.
Powder burn rate chart......

It's right above VV N550

Thanks! Interesting that it's right between two of my favorite powders, the H4350 and H4831. I hope to try it in my 6.5 CM, .270 and 30.06 soon.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.