6.5 StaBall Powder

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
What is anyone using 6.5 StaBall in reloading and your results.
we purchased some when it was available just because it was available and always thinking ahead might be something we could use as a substitute for a Powder we can't find.
question for anyone do you like it and what are you reloading in?
Should we keep it or pass along to someone that truly used it and needs it.
We have some inventory that may need to be relinquished.
Thanks much
Len and Jill

Surprisingly, we haven't shot it yet either. We bought it when available as well. Mostly busy doing other more important things, since getting it in. I've seen folks post that it's sensitive. Looks great until it doesn't. That's typically an unfavorable trait. We have a Pressure Trace II, so when we do load it up, we will report what we see. If it loads and ramps like Ramshot Hunter, I'd consider it an excellent option.

I've used it in .243,7-08,and .260. They are all .308 next of kin. Gained about 200 fps across the board. No crazy SD or ES. Not always the smallest group.

It has a whole new sound from most calibers. I do see promise in some loads.
I've had the exact same results with the same calibers. It did really well in 270 as well

only complaint I've heard is supposedly it burns filthy! If a can was available at my lgs I'd grab it right now!!!

If I'm not mistaken it's a progressive burn rate (like superformance, rl17, and rl26 for example, all of which are capable of significantly higher velocity than non progressives).

While I have no reason to beleive it'd be INACCURATE it's not what I'd go for for pure smallest group pursuits or tightest velocity spreads…it'd be a step on the gas as hard as you can type of powder.

Iv'e used it for the creed and two different 7-08's, works well in all of them with good velocity and accuracy but all three rifles are fed other powders currently (rl26, big game, and varget). I would have no qualms about having to go back to it. It does leave an unreal amount of leftovers in the bore.