6.5 something

IMG_20200629_172016.jpg
IMG_20200629_172020.jpg

I made this for my 1895 out of Cocobolo but the wood is toxic and I break out every time I handle my favorite rifle , 45/70 , so i'm changing the stock to IPE , it was my second choice .
This stock will be turned into a lamp for my office :cool:

Plenty of online tools to assist with calculating twist rates.

Custom barrels are readily ordered in most twist rates.

Increased twist rates don't harm bullets (mono's), as an example the 6.5, 124 Hammer Hunter is stable in a 1-8" twist, I'm shooting it a 1-6" twist without issues. Other examples up and down the line to support this.

I'm currently shooting the 124 Hammer Hunter at 3960 fps, without seeing the effects you're curious about.

Barrel life is relative, and should be qualified by purpose. A rifle intended to competitively shoot 10 round groups, or a volume oriented varmint rifle with 500-1000 round days, will suffer long before a big game rifle is no longer useable.
TBVH, I never knew there was any suck thing as a 264 Magnum. Now my interest has peeked.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.