6.5 Prometheus (6.5 PRO) 140 gr. 3700 fps

There is a new AR style rifle made in Montana, the company is Noreen which has one chambered in 338 Norma mag Re barreled in your new 6.5 would be very interesting.

Just wanted to tag in! This thing sounds AWESOME! I am really curious to see how the accuracy and the SD works out on your final barrel!

Keep burning both ends of the candle!! gun)

Have been busy developing loads and hunting bear with my 375 PRO wildcat, have not messed with the 6.5 PRO since my last data post .

I finally got me a dedicated scope for this rifle recently ( Vortex Viper HS-T 4-16x44 VMR-1 moa) as soon as I get the sucker mounted I will attempt load developement with RL-33, hoping I don't run into powder bridging problems ! US869 gave me excellent velocity results with the 160gr Matrix VLD and 160gr Woodleigh Weldcore bullets, this time I will be recording velocity and accuracy, also will be getting some of the new 150 gr Matrix bullets and will run a load work up with starting loads up to max to generate safe load data, will run H-US869 and try some faster powders like Ramshot Magnum and Win Supreme 780...

I will post the results here as soon as I generate the data , thanks for the interest !

Meanwhile here is a comparison pic ....

160 gr Matrix VLD seated to 3.340" COAL in both cartridges
26 Nosler (left) next to the 6.5 Prometheus

**note... bullet ogive contact with rifling is at 2.751" (COAL 3.40") in the 6.5 PRO with the 160 gr Matrix VLD

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 152
Swamplord, that 6.5 pro is a gorgeous cartridge, well done. I look forward to your findings as alway, keep up the good work!

t

Have been busy developing loads and hunting bear with my 375 PRO wildcat, have not messed with the 6.5 PRO since my last data post .

I finally got me a dedicated scope for this rifle recently ( Vortex Viper HS-T 4-16x44 VMR-1 moa) as soon as I get the sucker mounted I will attempt load developement with RL-33, hoping I don't run into powder bridging problems ! US869 gave me excellent velocity results with the 160gr Matrix VLD and 160gr Woodleigh Weldcore bullets, this time I will be recording velocity and accuracy, also will be getting some of the new 150 gr Matrix bullets and will run a load work up with starting loads up to max to generate safe load data, will run H-US869 and try some faster powders like Ramshot Magnum and Win Supreme 780...

I will post the results here as soon as I generate the data , thanks for the interest !

Meanwhile here is a comparison pic ....

160 gr Matrix VLD seated to 3.340" COAL in both cartridges
26 Nosler (left) next to the 6.5 Prometheus

**note... bullet ogive contact with rifling is at 2.751" (COAL 3.40") in the 6.5 PRO with the 160 gr Matrix VLD

Swamplord, do you own the reamer for this cartridge? If you do, would like to discuss renting it from you to chamber a barrel. Let me know please.

Yep,
The 6.5 Prometheus belongs to me and I own the original reamer, case forming and reloading dies made by Neil Jones, rifle built for me by Last Frontier Custom Guns in Alaska from all parts supplied by me.

I stopped adding info on this wildcat and my others here due to no interest in them, instead of genuine interest I kept getting negative feedback, I don't want to keep pushing something nobody wants to hear about

I started a Facebook group page dedicated to wildcats and custom guns, and will be adding my projects and info there, have 6 new wildcats I have developed and building guns for, will post progress there........you are welcome to join us there .....

A new group for wildcat cartridges and custom rifles.
wildcatters, gunsmiths, hunters, shooters and all public welcome

https://m.facebook.com/groups/352883471548278?ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_comment_reply

For all the facebook users, this is what the group is about .........

Wildcat Cartridges and Custom Rifles

"Wildcat cartridges and custom built guns are the most intriguing part of shooting, since the invention of metallic cartridges there have been wildcatters scheming and dreaming of creating that ultimate cartridge....
This group is for continuing that tradition !
Here we share our wildcat creations, custom rifles built to shoot them, ballistic data obtained, game harvested and targets shot,
A very photo friendly place and it is highly encouraged to post pics of your wildcat cartridges & custom rifles and your exploits with them !"

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.