6.5 Prometheus (6.5 PRO) 140 gr. 3700 fps

For those who wanted to be kept in the loop !

......... I posted this update on the Wildcat Cartridges & Custom Guns facebook page and adding it here , thank you for the interest in the 6.5 Prometheus ....

....I have authorized GA Precision to build customers long range rifles chambered in my wildcat the 6.5 Prometheus, I have sent them my personal proprietary reamer for a customers build & given them exclusive rights to have reamers made for the shop, anyone interested in owning the worlds fastest and flattest shooting 6.5mm cartridge needs to contact them for rifle building info ,

Copper Creek Cartridge Co will be manufacturing ammo for that customer building a GAP rifle chambered in the 6.5 Prometheus

I have also been communicating with Norma of Sweden about possibly producing brass for the
6.5 Prometheus and the 375 PRO wildcats, we will resume talks after the Holidays,

It would really help if all the members here contact Norma and keep up the pressure on manufacturing brass for these outstanding cartridges !

Kontakt - Norma

Mil-Spec Rifle

Copper Creek Cartridge Co.

I contacted Norma to ask them to consider making the brass for us. I think this cartridge would really take off with the properly head stamped brass ready to load.

Oh my goodness. I currently have a proof research blank on order in an 8 twist 6.5mm. I had been considering building a 6.5-300 Weatherby. It wasn't going to give me the performance I was looking for based on data from Quickload. I then started exploring the 6.5 Badger (6.5-338 RUM Improved) and iy was going to be marginal in addition to no data available for a reamer, go gauge, load data or good information on how to form the brass.

Now I see the 6.5 Promethius and the support it appears to be gathering. This appears to be the most logical direction for me to go.

My barrel will be 28" finished length. I would like to know if you believe that I could achieve my goal of 3500 fps with the 160 grain Matrix bullets in a 28" barrel.

I saw where you have made an agreement wi GA Precision to build rifles in this caliber, however I'm more of a buy all the parts myself and have my gunsmith do the work kinda guy.

That being said, would you be willing to rent a reamer to my gunsmith to do the machine work for me?

If you would like more information about my gunsmith please PM me and we can exchange contact info so you can see this is all legit.

As to dies, are you working with Redding to build a set? I use redding competition dies on all of my custom rifle builds and would like to continue to do so.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.