6.5 Prometheus (6.5 PRO) 140 gr. 3700 fps

Would it be possible to convert a 1917 Enfield 30-06 to the 6.5 Pro.? I have been looking for a good 6.5 to convert to. Sounds like the old H570 would work well with the heaver bullets as it does with my 264 WM. I have pushed the Woodleigh 160gr PPSN to 3095fps with it.

The 6.5 Pro runs off the parent case 300 Norma Mag which is basically a 338 Lapua Mag boltface !
I can't comment on the use of the Enfield as I have no experience with them, maybe a gunsmith or someone with knowledge here on LRH can advise you on that !

I have some info I can share on this cartridge but unfortunately I have no time at the moment. info coming soon !

I can tell you one thing though ... this is one of the sexiest cartridges I have ever held in my hands ! hahaha

here's a pic of the 6.5 PRO next to the 6.5 Creedmoor, both with the 140 gr AMAX

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 171
Makes me feel like a kid again. You know when the only deer gun you have is a 410 with slugs and your dad comes in and says well son its time to go shopping for a deer rifle of your own now that you have earned the cash. :)

The 26 Nosler is over bore,but this caliber lives in Twilight zone.

Are you for real ?

The 26 Nosler and the 6.5 Pro are the exact same CALIBER !
6.5 MM or otherwise known as .264 " caliber ......

Geez .... some people ..

"Stupid is as stupid does "

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.