6.5 PRC Barrel Concern

I've got an unopened jar of the JBs, is that a good carbon remover?
I use Bore Tech C4 like, Brent M said, above, First. Then, some Barnes C-10 ( Soaked for, 15 min's, Max ) then, Dry patches. THEN,. Use the JB's, slathered on, a patch, fitted over, a Bronze Brush and spin it, in the Throat area a little bit and do, a few strokes back / forth ( Clean again ). The JB's polishes, the "Fire cracked" throat area & lands, a bit, so you're not tearing up Bullets, as bad.
Research different methods, on Here or, over at, Accurate Shooter. com
You're "Fighting",.. Carbon, Copper and Fire cracking and why I said, to use all 3.
Personally, I polish ALL my New Factory Barrels with, 10-12 strokes of JB's thru, the New Barrel then, do a 10-15 Shot "Break in" with, cleaning bbl, every 5 Shots. Barrel shines like Chrome after that, and makes it, easy to clean, as barrel DOESN'T "Hold" Copper & Carbon, as much,.. IF Polished !

Last edited:
Butches ain't going to do it. Bore Tech Carbon does a **** good job. But like I said before, CLR really kicks *ss on carbon and it's cheap.

CLR is almost miracle sauce for attacking carbon—it is the "easy button". Put some on a VFG felt pellet and it disintegrates carbon rings.

Just be careful with it—it will strip bluing and may discolor finishes. Keep it inside the barrel and you'll be fine.